Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: New Baby Desert Eagle III shoots low

Default New Baby Desert Eagle III shoots low

Hi folks, I just got a Baby Desert eagle III. It shoots consistently low at 10yds. I took it back where I bought it at Tommy Gun warehouse which is also the Kahr corporate headquarters. Their gunsmith checked it and test fired it and agreed that it did shoot low as I had described. They offered me different one which I asked the gunsmith to test before I accepted it and it shot exactly the same. He said it must be sighted in for 25yds because was dead on at that range. I don't understand how that could be. How could it be low 5 inches low at 10yds and dead on at 25yds? They said they must all shoot the same way. Has anyone else experienced this with a new baby eagle III? If you have do you have any suggestions what to do about it? They said they would look into getting a higher adjustable rear sight which I guess would be ok, but none of my other guns have ever shot like this. It doesn't seem to make sense to me. Maybe I'm just ignorant, but if you could clue me in that would be great. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

What caliber? What weight bullet?

Regardless, you have the option of just showing a bit more front sight at 10yds. Some of the snubbies I have tend to shot low with lighter bullets I just put a dot of white paint just back from the top of the front sight and use that as my aiming point.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Thanks for responding. It's a 9mm 115 grain Federal. I did adjust after a while by holding the front dot at the top of the rear sight above the two dots on the rear sight and then it hit right on and grouped very well. I did not realize there was a sub group for baby eagles so I reposted my question there.

What you could do is take a file to the front sight. Just take a little off at a time and shoot it till you get it where you want. You can then use a magic marker or cold blue pencil to blacken the top of the site. I would want it dead nuts at 10 yards. Not too familiar with the gun so it is possible the front sight is the type that cannot be filed.

Hey, thanks for stopping by WMD! We miss you when your not around.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Dawson Precision makes fiber optic front sights for the Baby Eagle in various heights/widths.
    Give them a call.
    You should be able to get the right height sight to hit dead on
    https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...-front-sights/

listen to Barth.
    I am the Living Man

I've been in contact with the company, Magnum research, They said they have had a few complaints like mine. They said they have a lower front sight that if you use the combat sight picture with it will solve the problem. Tommy gun warehouse where I bought the gun said they will get one and install it for me. The existing front sight is already so low that the dot almost touches the slide it's hard to see how it could be any lower, but they said it is. They also said they don't know of any adjustable rear sight available for the gun. They said that Metpro company makes a non adjustable sight which would fit the baby eagle II and would also work on the III, but I've seen comments online which says they won't fit so I don't know who to believe. Since then I got a tip from one of the members here and he steered me to a thread where people were having the same problem and said they found a solution with an adjustable rear sight sold by the Crosman air gun company. I got the Crosman rear sight. It shot high set as low as it could go because the sight was bottomed out on the top of the slide so so I had to grind down the bottom of the sight just a little with a dremel to get clearance to lower it further other than that it fit perfectly. only took a little bit to get it to the next click down and now it shoots great using the 6 o'clock sight picture. If anyone is interested in this sight you can find it here: http://www.crosman.com/lpa-mim-rear-sight it's made by LPA the same company that makes the stock sight on the baby eagle III. Thanks for the all the help folks

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Hey, thanks for stopping by WMD! We miss you when your not around.
    Hi Bawanna!

Yeah, I have been kind of "hit or miss" the last few months. Glad to seee you and the crew are still going strong! ;-)