Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New baby desert eagle III shoots low at 10 yds

That is the continual problem. The Clearance on the BEIII slide behind the dovetail cut is too short. The Novak-style (1911) cut is .466 with a standard 65degree angle. The stock rear sight has a distance of 0.469 from the dovetail cut to the back, leaving it only a hair before you hit the slide cut.
    I spoke to Novak sights and Brownells and BOTH said they do not make or carry a rear sight that fits. They also do not make a front sight that fits (why Magnum Research has proprietary sights without other options is beyond me).
    The problem, as I and Bugbottle above have found, is that any adj sight when being lowered will hit the frame before it's zeroed. If using a dremel works, I'll try it. If this fails, I'm taking gun to gunsmith to have the slide cut milled a bit (there's a lot of room back there) and then a bunch of sights will fit, maybe only needing to be filed to .466 for the cut.

Bought the Crosman sight, works great, finally solved the problem I was having, thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by irishbob View Post
    Bought the Crosman sight, works great, finally solved the problem I was having, thanks for the tip.
    That's good news irishbob! Thank you for the follow up
    Regards,
    Greg

Bugbottle, Thank you for your follow up!
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Your welcome folks. I'm glad it worked for you. The baby eagle III with the crosman rear sight is now the most accurate handgun I own. Glad it helped you too.

I just bought a Baby Desert Eagle 3 in 45 ACP and LOVE IT... It shoots the best groups of any handgun that I own. It just shoots about 10" to 12" low at 25 yards.
    I was shooting off of a sand bag at a 6" black dot target. Twenty shots grouped in about 10". All low and to the left a bit. I can handle the left part, it is the low that is a problem to me. I might have to go the Crossman route which is ridiculous with the high level of machining that went into this fantastic handgun.