CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: HELP! I have made a terrible mistake with my CM9 trigger job

Default HELP! I have made a terrible mistake with my CM9 trigger job

So I decided to do the Kahr trigger job. BUT I have lost the trigger bar spring. No big deal,right. I ordered another spring from Kahr. BUT in a moment of idiocy, I reassembled the pistol---then realized I can't take it apart without pulling the trigger,which I cannot do without the spring.

What do I do? Am I doomed to send it back to Kahr?

EDIT---thanks to a helpful poster in Kahr Talk Nation, I managed to get the trigger pulled and the pistol is now disassembled. This is not a stellar moment for me.

Good to read that you are back on track
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Good to read that you are back on track
    Now I am waiting on a new spring to arrive from Kahr. Can't believe I lost the spring. Embarrassing.

In case you don't get that new spring by this weekend, you can take the spring out of your P9 or CW380 and use that. Same exact part.

The K9 also uses the same exact spring, but ya know, that just wouldn't be right.

Have you ever noticed if you try to shoot a spring across the room it falls to your feet, but if you are trying to retain a spring or pin and keep it under control it launches into orbit never to be seen again? I've even had them escape out of bags that I put the gun in to disassemble it.

Murphy at work again.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Have you ever noticed if you try to shoot a spring across the room it falls to your feet, but if you are trying to retain a spring or pin and keep it under control it launches into orbit never to be seen again? I've even had them escape out of bags that I put the gun in to disassemble it.

Murphy at work again.
    Happened to me many times.

Curious to know what improvement is desired to a Kahr trigger...

Also wear safety glasses or glasses with spring removal for obvious reasons.

When you need a part, it can be handy later to order at least two of cheaper parts that are likely to go bad or to fly off to parts unknown. Usually, there is no additional postage cost.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Happened to me many times.

Curious to know what improvement is desired to a Kahr trigger...
    My CM9 has a gritty point as the bottom of the trigger is pulled toward the pivot point. It also squeaks. I was advised of the "Kahr trigger job", which consists of polishing the trigger bar and the contact point of the trigger return spring.