Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop

Thread: Ruger MK IV SAFETY WARNING & RECALL

Default Ruger MK IV SAFETY WARNING & RECALL

"Ruger recently discovered that all Mark IV™ pistols (including 22/45™ models) manufactured prior to June 1, 2017 have the potential to discharge unintentionally if the safety is not utilized correctly. In particular, if the trigger is pulled while the safety lever is midway between the "safe" and "fire" positions (that is, the safety is not fully engaged or fully disengaged), then the pistol may not fire when the trigger is pulled. However, if the trigger is released and the safety lever is then moved from the mid position to the "fire" position, the pistol may fire at that time."
    https://ruger.com/dataProcess/markIVRecall/index.php?r=y
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks Greg! I like the Mark IV, although don't have one yet, and I'm sure they will get is solved quickly.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

I usually print out all the recalls and warnings to post at the gun club, but I guess since Ruger's Mark IV isn't legal here...

But just in case a member has one, I'll post it, thanks for the heads up Greg!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

A Mark IV is high on my wish list. I'm glad I didn't manage to get one yet. Someday I'll have one.

I looked some over last gun show, and one table holder took it apart for me to see what makes it tick.

I loved it. My Mk II will probably never get cleaned again. Well it might, I gave it to my Marine son and those Marines like thing clean and orderly.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks!
    Last edited by ltxi; 06-10-2017 at 05:15 PM.
    NRA Benefactor

Not all on the new Rugers are involved in this recall.

A friend was early to jump on this gun and has a 22/45 and a MKIV with a bull barrel. He was one of the first to install the full Volquartsen components making it a really nice target gun.

Ruger will not send out the parts needed to make this issue go away. They want the gun back to the factory.

If you send them a gun with aftermarket parts, they keep them and replace them with stock factory parts.

Volquartsen is not sure if the changes Ruger is making to the returned guns will allow the VQ parts to fit and function properly.

Big mess for some folks.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Cool

^^^ I still want one...with a rail...and a mini red dot...
    ​O|||||||O