Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun

Thread: Successfuly fixed the gritty trigger on my CM9

Default Successfuly fixed the gritty trigger on my CM9

As I posted earlier this week, I lost the trigger bar spring on my CM9 while trying to do a trigger job.

I ordered the new spring on Wednesday night, Kahr shipped Thursday morning,and it arrived at my PO Box this morning at 7AM. I picked it up as soon as they opened, and completed the trigger job.

I sanded the trigger bar with 600-1000-2500 grit sandpaper, sanded the contact point of the spring with the same paper, and polished all of it with Flitz. Then, using a tip from The Yankee Marshal, I reassembled inside a two gallon Ziploc bag. Took me a couple of tries to get the spring in(and the bag saved my bacon),and now the trigger is MUCH better. It is not as glassy smooth as my K9, but it's close. I guess Kahr cuts a few corners to sell them so cheaply.

My pistol's frame was also not very well finished.The slide rails were filled with flash and little polymer hairs were fraying in a few spots, especially at the rear of the frame where it locks up with the slide plate. Putting some Flitz on the rails and hand cycling the pistol several hundred times made a huge difference.

Next weekend I go to the range and try it out. I've also added some rubberized Talon grips. If I like them, I think I will get some for my CW380 and my P9.

Thanks to the forum members who helped me earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    I've also added some rubberized Talon grips.
    Glad to hear you got her straightened out. Did you get the black Talons or the "moss"? I think the moss ones look pretty sharp on my CM9:

I got the black ones. They seem like a solid product.

IMO, rubber Talon grips are the best $18 you'll ever spend on a polymer framed gun. All mine have 'em. Some are a few years old, and they look like new. No sliding or peeling - just a great grip.

I heard Talon is gonna have a $4 off sale for July 4th. They always ship fast and free too.

Talon sells mag grips for some models, but they also sell bulk sheets cheap too. They make a nice addition to your mags, and give good grip for quick reloads. For mags with pinkie extensions, they're the hot ticket...

Attached Images Attached Images