Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haven't had a major gun want for a long while, got one now.

Default Haven't had a major gun want for a long while, got one now.

I'm not a huge AR 15 guy, had one, like a fool sold it. Went to Colt School, baby sit about 40 of them here at the department.

Just not a burning desire for one personal.

A sgt here asked me to clean his guns since I was cleaning some others. Beats working on a computer so I agreed.

He has a personal Barrett Rec7 Piston AR15.
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.p...1&d=1497897113

This thing is beyond sweet. Shot a 60 round qualification with it and about all it needed was to wipe off the end of the piston.
    Chamber area not the least bit dirty like a direct gas AR.

Costly little devils at around 2400 bucks but I'd sure like to have one.

Many others are less than pleased with AR's not made by Colt although there are some very good ones. Cops are big on blaming any malfunction on not being a Colt.

Gonna have to deliver a lot of newspapers to make 2400 bucks. Do they even make newspapers anymore. I might have to find another second job.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Barrett and quality are synonymous. I've had the hots for the HK 416, a very similar rifle at a similar cost. Maybe one day...
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I was in a shop yesterday, haven't visited shops much of late and they had a used Noveske that made my britches stick out in front.
    It was absolutely sweet with all the right stuff hanging on it. It was like 1800 but the wife was with me so you already know the outcome of that story.

Why does it always have to be about money.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sig 516 Patrol ticks all the same boxes for @ $1500. Might be an option to scratch that itch?

Very very nice.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I currently do not have .357 magnum in the house, got an itch for a 586/686 4". Got a slow scratch going on Gunbroker for a no dash 586. Wish me luck.
    For some reason, mostly mental, the 586's always seemed to have a slightly smoother trigger.
    NRA Benefactor

I've had that 686 itch for quite a spell. Scratching hasn't helped me much YET. Best of luck to you though. Go for it.

Thughes, your absolutely right. I found one already for 1299 too. New but been on display awhile.
    Begging the mrs AGAIN. I need a lot of luck too with that.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Cool Firearms Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm not a huge AR 15 guy, had one, like a fool sold it. Went to Colt School, baby sit about 40 of them here at the department.

Just not a burning desire for one personal.

A sgt here asked me to clean his guns since I was cleaning some others. Beats working on a computer so I agreed.

He has a personal Barrett Rec7 Piston AR15.
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.p...1&d=1497897113

This thing is beyond sweet. Shot a 60 round qualification with it and about all it needed was to wipe off the end of the piston.
    Chamber area not the least bit dirty like a direct gas AR.

Costly little devils at around 2400 bucks but I'd sure like to have one.

Many others are less than pleased with AR's not made by Colt although there are some very good ones. Cops are big on blaming any malfunction on not being a Colt.

Gonna have to deliver a lot of newspapers to make 2400 bucks. Do they even make newspapers anymore. I might have to find another second job.
    My Hk SP5K ran around $2,500.
    Didn't need it.
    Had to have it.
    Carry On

Been into AR's for quite a while. The biggest difference I've found between the $2500 boutique rifles and the $600 KISS rifles is bragging rights if you are a casual shooter. If you plan on becoming a commando or mercenary it might be different. All the major manufacturers are making excellent guns right now so get what you like and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    Been into AR's for quite a while. The biggest difference I've found between the $2500 boutique rifles and the $600 KISS rifles is bragging rights if you are a casual shooter. If you plan on becoming a commando or mercenary it might be different. All the major manufacturers are making excellent guns right now so get what you like and enjoy.
    I have heard a lot of that same talk from a number of AR guys. Is seems there are a few options on a build that really make the gun easier to clean and possibly more accurate but unless one is really into a high degree of accuracy or heavy competition, most AR's are quite equal if you are just into occasional range time with a black rifle.
    I built one with my grandson just because Hillary was going to take them away. I looked at a couple of completed guns in the $2100 range and decided it would be fun to do it ourselves. We build a higher end model with nitrite and nickle boron all over it and it functions very well and is a hoot to shoot. I learned the name of trigger groups, and optics that I had never heard of so I wrote that off it education. I found these things can add up to big bucks fast but just sitting in my recliner re-watching American Sniper with that thing across my lap makes it all worth the cost.
    "Never pet a burning dog"