Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haven't had a major gun want for a long while, got one now.

All true. I remind myself of these very things, I'm a casual occasional shooter at most so cleaning a filthy direct gas AR won't often be a big issue.

I've helped guys build their AR's and it's fun cause you can do exactly what you want. Usually they end up changing to different furniture and stuff given time.
    I find that it's easy to spend as much as a complete gun or even more but you also get exactly what you want.

I also keep reminding myself that I'm not really an AR guy. I'd prefer a Sharps or an Enfield but all my co workers think I should have one and I probably should.
    Prices are back down into the acceptable range so guess we'll wait and see.

I've pretty much talked myself out of the Barrett although it's incredibly sweet.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I bought the Anderson with the RF85 treatment. Easy to clean. Just scrub the upper parts with soap and water and then let them dry and reassemble. I remember cleaning the M-16s and it was a pain in the butt. No lube so the carbon does not get baked on and the nano RF85 treatment makes them slick. A lot cheaper then the gas piston and easy to clean.

I'm very happy with the AR's I've built. For me it was part of the experience. I wouldn't have done it any other way. I'd like to take one through a carbine course and see how it holds up. It's on the bucket list.

Colonel, that Barrett sure looks sweet but, when I think of the 3, 4 or 5 guns I could get with that money, I balk. Not to mention making the house payment.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    I'm very happy with the AR's I've built. For me it was part of the experience. I wouldn't have done it any other way. I'd like to take one through a carbine course and see how it holds up. It's on the bucket list.

Colonel, that Barrett sure looks sweet but, when I think of the 3, 4 or 5 guns I could get with that money, I balk. Not to mention making the house payment.
    So true. I built a .308 for really short money. It shoots subminute of angle. Can't ask for anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    All true. I remind myself of these very things, I'm a casual occasional shooter at most so cleaning a filthy direct gas AR won't often be a big issue.

I've helped guys build their AR's and it's fun cause you can do exactly what you want. Usually they end up changing to different furniture and stuff given time.
    I find that it's easy to spend as much as a complete gun or even more but you also get exactly what you want.

I also keep reminding myself that I'm not really an AR guy. I'd prefer a Sharps or an Enfield but all my co workers think I should have one and I probably should.
    Prices are back down into the acceptable range so guess we'll wait and see.

I've pretty much talked myself out of the Barrett although it's incredibly sweet.
    IIRC u had one but sold it. Time to get another. That simple.
    I am the Living Man