CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: P380 - any must have aftermarket parts?

My P380 broke one. I posted when it happened.

I'll chime in as well. My P380 striker broke the second time I went to the range with less than 200 total rounds fired. Of course, I had probably dry fired hundreds of times in those first few months of ownership. I suspected that dry firing was the cause of the problem but Kahr service insisted that there is no problem with dry firing the P380 as it says in the manual. They insisted the striker was defective and sent me a new one at my request (rather then having to send the gun back to Kahr for several weeks). Now I always use a snap cap when dry firing.

How about magazine springs? After about a month after I got the gun, one of mt six-round magazines wasn't reliably pushing the slide stop up. Kahr sent out a new spring, and it turned out to have two extra coils. It's the same spring as is used in the seven-round magazine. After that, Kahr sent me out another long spring for my other six-round magazine. I don't know if newer magazines come with the longer springs. They should.

Magguts, they cost a bit but members have had nothing but good to say about them

P380/CW380 must-haves:

*Lakeline striker
    *MagGuts spring and follower kits
    *Lakeline guide rod

Ended up selling my Makarov PM the other day as it was becoming a time and money sink. Bought a P380 on gunprodeals for $350. With selling my Makarov made it quite reasonable. It should be delivered to my FFL Friday.

I went ahead and ordered the Lakeline Striker from Alfonse as I was so impressed with his guide rod I got for my CW9, plus I just like having the piece of mind of knowing the striker will never break. Plan on giving the factory magazines a chance as I've never had any problems with my other Kahr magazines before ordering the MagGuts.

Expect some pictures of the new p380 and striker once they come in then a full range report to follow.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Quote Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
    How about magazine springs? After about a month after I got the gun, one of mt six-round magazines wasn't reliably pushing the slide stop up. Kahr sent out a new spring, and it turned out to have two extra coils. It's the same spring as is used in the seven-round magazine. After that, Kahr sent me out another long spring for my other six-round magazine. I don't know if newer magazines come with the longer springs. They should.
    use the magguts ones. they also increase capacity by one round, which is the main reason i swapped them.

I cut out some duct tape to aid with the difficult recoil spring. As it is hard to pull the slide back. If the tape adhesive holds well I might source a grey color. The addition of grip tape make the slide much more effortless to use. It takes the required strength away from the hand and let's you use the strength of you arm. I'll have to holster it in and out a bunch to see how it holds up.

Also I cut out a spot so it wouldn't wear my thumb when using the slide release.

http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Rige...tml?sort=3&o=1

http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Rige...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Rige...tml?sort=3&o=2

I wish Kahrs had "snake scale" style cocking grooves similar to Smith & Wesson. Those are really aggressive and make it easy to retract the slide even if your hands are wet.