Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P380 - any must have aftermarket parts?

Default P380 - any must have aftermarket parts?

i have a new P380 that shoots great, and i want to keep it that way.

any aftermarket parts that i should install to make it as reliable as possible?

have seen a few that look good, but dont have any experience with them other than the Magguts magazine kits which i already installed.

The ones i have heard mentioned here in various posts:

• Lakeline Ultimate Striker
    • Galloway Stainless Steel Striker Guide
    • Stainless Steel Guide Rod (by both Kahr and Lakeland)
    • Galloway spring kit (couldnt find this on their web page, discontinued? or bad data perhaps)

anyone have any thoughts on those 4 or any other accessory that might help the guns reliability? i have read a lot about broken strikers etc. and just want to do whatever i can to avoid anything happening when it isnt convenient...

thanks,

mark
    Last edited by markg; 06-19-2017 at 07:45 PM.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Only thing I have in mine besides the mag guts is Lakeline's Ultimate Striker. The striker upgrade is a must IMHO.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I'd say the first on the list should be the Lakeline Striker. I also bought their SS guide rod (bought the longer one for my older style slide, because the shorter one was a hair shorter than I liked, and they exchanged it. I also installed the Magguts springs and followers and have had zero issues. Haven't heard about the Galloway parts, but may check them out. What is the striker guide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, I see now, that is nice, I always thought that was a cheap looking part when I've disassembled. Also thought several times I was going to break it getting the spring back in...

Quote Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
    Lakeline Striker. I also bought their SS guide rod (bought the longer one for my older style slide, because the shorter one was a hair shorter than I liked, and they exchanged it.

any reason you got the lakeland guide rod instead of the kahr one?

I don't think Kahr had them when I got mine, which was about 2 years ago, if they did, I guess I didn't know about it.

Ordered the parts: Lakeline Ultimate Striker and stainless steel guide rod, and Galloway Stainless Steel Striker Guide. all are very high quality, and fit perfectly.
    i had one stovepipe, but that could be because my hand was getting tired shooting all my mouse guns, and that was the first failure of any kind since new/over 400 rounds, so i'll reserve judgement on that issue until the next time i go to the range.
    i got the lakeland steel guide rod instead of the kahr due to kahr's massive shipping fees.

Why so many problems with the Kahr striker/firing pin? Could this need be from dry firing? The Pico has a problem as well IF you dry fire. Which their manual states to not do. I cannot imagine why the Kahr OEM part would be so susceptible to major problems. I always use snap caps in all my guns. Yes, some really may not need this and I am not looking for a internet debate on dry firing. Just wondering if this could be the cause? Thanks

I replaced the striker in my CW380 with a Lakeline one as well. Mine didn't break - I just did it to ensure it wouldn't have the chance. Peace of mind kind of thing.

The problem area is the flat part where the pin is attached to the rest of the striker. The difference is obvious....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Only thing I have in mine besides the mag guts is Lakeline's Ultimate Striker. The striker upgrade is a must IMHO.
    Still trying to find out why this is a MUST. And what is going on with the OEM. I suspect dry firing, but is this just breaking at a certain point of the pin? Is it cracking? Has anyone called Kahr and are they saying yes, get the upgrade? Is this a chronic problem with all guns, or is this like a 5 or 10% breakage with owners. You hear so much on the internet. So many failures, break in problems. Ammo problems etc. For example I was expecting all kinds of problems with both my Khar and both Pico's but never had a problem yet. Almost 2000 rounds between the two Pico's without a failure of any kind and now with my new Kahr, 325 rds with no problems.
    I always buy stainless steel guide rods for my gun, but they really are NOT a must. Just wear better over time and never need replacement. I always believe in changing out mag springs or buying new Mags, and changing out RECOIL springs is a MUST.
    So, even If I use snap caps, I should expect a complete Failure if I do not get the Lakeland kit?