Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P380 - any must have aftermarket parts?

Highly doubt you'll find the precise answer you're looking for, but it would be cool to know. Guess it all depends on if there's any flaws in the metal.

I think this is a MIM part due to the shabby appearance of that flat part that the pin sits on. Machining would give a look like the Lakeline unit.

Wanna let you know my Pico is doing great - very comfortable to shoot, and it's just, well......a Beretta. I still shoot my Kahr better, but the Pico blows away my Bodyguard for accuracy. I've got 100 rounds through it so far, and there isn't even a hint of wear at all. Cool little gun.

Thanks Ed,I am really enjoying both of these fine guns. I did get the Night sights, and was thinking about just letting my gun smith put them on, He is more than fair with me on anything I do, and was thinking of ordering the striker and having him do the work. I am still bleeding from the Purchase of Two Pico's, the Khar, night sights for all, and more mags, lol.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

I don't dry fire mine either, and never have broken a firing pin, but every time you break it down, you have to pull the trigger on an empty chamber. You can see by the picture that Lakelines design is a lot more robust where the firing pin is joined to the actuator.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Last I checked Kahr will not admit to having a problem with the striker. I had a broken one in a CW380 before I traded it and then 4-5 in my P380 before Lakeline came out with theirs. I'm guessing that about in the 400-700 range it would break. I used to dry fire it a lot..with snap,caps. In their quest to solve the problem, they replaced the slide twice. I would suggest to all that if you do break your striker, get a shipping label and send it in on Kahrs dime. After awhile they may sit up and take notice.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Highly doubt you'll find the precise answer you're looking for, but it would be cool to know. Guess it all depends on if there's any flaws in the metal.

I think this is a MIM part due to the shabby appearance of that flat part that the pin sits on. Machining would give a look like the Lakeline unit.

Wanna let you know my Pico is doing great - very comfortable to shoot, and it's just, well......a Beretta. I still shoot my Kahr better, but the Pico blows away my Bodyguard for accuracy. I've got 100 rounds through it so far, and there isn't even a hint of wear at all. Cool little gun.
    Just goes to show everyone's experience is different. I've had my Pico in twice already for a problem with the trigger failing to reset. Then it just happened again today. By contrast I've had almost no issues with my P380 or CW 380 despite having shot them both maybe 10 times as much is the pico. And, The Kahrs shoot better for me by quite a lot.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Personally I think there is a 5% rule with any firearms manufacturer. They all are going to turn out a few duds. It is just the law of nature and physics. I shoot both the Pico and the Khar. Now as I mentioned over 2000 rounds between the two Pico's and love the way it shoots, the feel, the balance, the trigger and NOT one hiccup. I really like the Kahr very much at this point, a different feel, but a very nice feel well balanced as well. but it will be a while before I can even say which gun shoots better for me. I want to get many more rounds fired through it first. Of course any gun you shoot will be a personal or individual choice. LOL, both are head over heels better than the LCP's. I feel very lucky to have two nice pocket gun shooters. I know there will Plus and minus's on both. When the Kahr gets up there in the number of count that the Pico is now, I will most likely do a review comparison. Right now, just having fun shooting both. (And Lol, do not miss that High Five Slap of the LCP one bit)

Guessing at the point I will just go ahead and order Striker/firine pin. Looks like a simple change on the video. (lol, that is why I will let my Smith do it). Received my Trijicon night sights and most likely will let him install both. I have seen a Youtube video of installing the front sight, but not the back sight. Does anyone know what size screw they use for their sights? Looks like it could get lost just by breathing to hard.

Ok, I found the striker spring guide at gallaway. Not sure I need this. Is this another weak point on Kahrs?
    Last edited by King Rat; 07-04-2017 at 03:03 PM.

OK, I bought the wrong part, a stainless steel guide rod. Called customer service, they answered right away and a shipping label sent within 5 minutes. Thank you Khar.

I have never heard of guide rod failure with Kahrs. I do wish that Kahr would come up with a captive recoil spring system though, as the existing one is an absolute bear to reassemble if you have brand new replacement springs. I've replaced the recoil springs on my P380 at least three times so far, and each time it took me about a half an hour of huffing and cussing just to get it reassembled.

The OEM striker is another flawed design, for not only is it breakage-prone but the foot of the striker bumps into the top round in the magazine causing failures to fully chamber. The Lakeline unit solves both of these issues.

I see that the guide rod is some form of metal of alloy steel etc. I do not see why it should not hold up. Not like polymer guides in some other guns. Interesting to hear your comment about the striker. Guess that makes sense to here. How about the striker spring guide, is that a Plastic or metal?