CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: My experience with a few of my pocket holsters and the CM9.

Quote Originally Posted by finpro View Post
    Another design to consider is the Recluse Holster, http://www.recluseholster.com/index....0351109631cc11. I recommend the Two Sided (TS) model, which seems safer to me. This is a very well-made, though more expensive, holster.
    Before I had one of these, I found a plan for making a pocket holster of a roughly similar design from a single piece of rawhide. I took it to a shoe repair shop and the owner made me one, which I still have and use for a Kel-Tec P3AT. The owner turned out to be an officer a local gun club who invited me to join and I am still a member 20 years later. He was quite a shooter and later went on to work for Wilson Combat.
    I might try the two-sided recluse one of these days, but for anyone considering the single sided version...After reading a bunch of glowing reviews, I got one to try for a .380 and found that the gun tends to flop out of the holster towards the leg and is then just loosely riding against that trigger bump. Perhaps if one wears tight pants it works better. For me, the holster never made it past testing at home with an unloaded gun and I would not even consider using it. It lives in the box of not-quite-right holsters many of us have. Others' experience may vary but mine will never be used and frankly, I have such misgivings about it that I can't even bring myself to try and sell it. I wish I had gotten the two-sided version to try instead.

I have a drawer of them not quite right holsters too. I think we all do.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I have a drawer of them not quite right holsters too. I think we all do.
    ^^^ I like it when you buy a bunch of holsters just to find out the first one works best...
    ​O|||||||O

I can relate to that as well. Sometimes all it takes is a little tweaking to turn a drawer holster into a favorite.

I know that happened to me with IWB. I got a Garrett Silent Thunder and it just didn't ride right, into the drawer. Kept taking it out, too nice to stay in the drawer.
    Played with the cant just a bit, tweaked the position on the belt just a bit and it's now a favorite, right up there with my Mernickle OWB.

I just ordered another Silent Thunder for full size 1911. Should be good to go. Not sure what the lead time is, wait.......wife texted that I got a package today, maybe its the holster. That would be cool.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

"More for the drawer." Sounds like an addiction I'm suffering from. At some point I'm just going to have to settle on something. I am beginning to find that certain holsters I own work better for certain pairs of pants. Nice having multiple sized guns for that kind of thing as well.

I will try a Kydex holster of some sort before I pull the plug then divert holster money back to ammo acquisition if possible. haha

And...I'm back to my trusty Desantis. While I don't find it as comfortable sometimes as the others I own it offers the best trigger protection imo, and it's certainly thin enough.

The UTG felt a little too bulky so far but the trigger protection is good.

I managed to order a Kydex today. For me this will be my final holster showdown for quite sometime.. The Desantis is truly the one to beat for my overall needs and personal tastes up to this point. Let's see how the Kydex plays out for me.

Oh man, there ain't no going back now. Just got my new holster. Ordered from a seller on Ebay, jbowe12, phenomenal craftsmanship. Mine is actually Holstex material and man is it both slim as can be and tough, ultimate trigger protection. Will be ordering another for my LCP as soon as possible. I'll of course be keeping all of my other holsters for those occasions where they might be needed but on a regular basis I've finally found something I'm really satisfied with. YES!

I have a CW45 that fits loosely in a Desantis holster I bought for a Ruger SR40c. It makes for easy removal from pants pocket and still holds gun securely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Desantis is certainly one of my favorites, top of the shelf, and I know I'll still be using it from time to time. Even the Barsony nylon holster I had altered is comfy and good quality. I ought to get into the holster business and try to come up with something of my own. haha Pocket holsters specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazareth View Post
    The Desantis is certainly one of my favorites, top of the shelf, and I know I'll still be using it from time to time. Even the Barsony nylon holster I had altered is comfy and good quality. I ought to get into the holster business and try to come up with something of my own. haha Pocket holsters specifically.
    Glad you like your new kydex. I've really been spoiled by the one for my CM9. I actually thought about making my own, as it's really easy and cheap to do. Think I need a bigger work bench.