Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My experience with a few of my pocket holsters and the CM9.

I've seen pocket holsters that have what appears to me to be kitchen drawer liner sewn on the outside to keep the holster in the pocket when drawing.

Might work....

https://www.amazon.com/Tact-Premium-...n+drawer+liner

jonholl, have you tried giving the pocket holster a little nudge with your thumb or social finger at the start of your draw stroke?

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post
    jonholl, have you tried giving the pocket holster a little nudge with your thumb or social finger at the start of your draw stroke?

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER
    Good answer.........................it's what I do with my Desantis Nemesis holster. When drawing, place your thumb on top of the edge closest side to your body and it comes out clean every time. Of course, if the situation arises and I have my left arm free, I just hold the holster in my pocket from the outside. It definitely comes out clean EVERY time. These are things that you have to practice. You can't expect miracles if you don't. Same as carrying under a jacket OWB, carrying inside the pants IWB, you have to practice the particular method of carry for it to be a smooth operation. If you don't, you're taking chances.

Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

Good idea, too many steps for this old guy . What I'd actually prefer is a "loose fit" leather holster. I've got 1 for my Seecamp .32 & had 1 for a Walther PPK years ago. A friend's brother was a leather guy (had a shop) & he made both out of some scraps, smooth inside, rough outside. Both worked great (Seecamp still does) but the leather guy passed on a number years ago. No response from the other local leather folks, but they're in "yuppieville" so probably anti firearms.
    Think I'll try the non-slide material recommended above.
    Thanks for the replies.

jonholl - you might want to check out this video. This is where I saw that non-slide material used on a holster. This guy makes holsters that may suit your preferences....

Thanks Ed, appreciated. I'll probably glue some non-slide on the Nemesis 1st (I like DIY), if that doesn't work I'll get a Mika.

Stuck a few strips of non-skid on both sides of the Nemesis, works fine, holster stays in the pocket. Have to work the holster out of the pocket to remove but that's fine, if I'm removing the holster I'm through carrying a pistol.
    Thanks for the suggestions, usually a work around .