Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience with a few of my pocket holsters and the CM9.

I have Sticky's and Nemesis's for my CM9 and my P380 and for me they work fine. The CM9 prints quite a bit. My go to EDC is my P380 and my go to holster for that is my Uncle George Wallet holster. It's super thin, prints like a wallet, and is pretty fast.

I wear cargo pants all the time, and I've had the pockets deepened. So the printing is broken up really well being behind the big cargo pocket. The Blackhawk #3 conceals the best of all in the front pocket for sure and I'm going to modify it a bit and give it another go.

The LCP has been my main carry for years and I do feel the 380 has enough power for defensive purposes but decided to go a bit bigger for awhile.

I have a GALCO leather pocket holster for my PM 9. I love the feel of soft leather. http://www.galcogunleather.com/pocke...tml?sku=PRO424

I use the BLACKHAWK! #4 pocket holster for my CM9. It is not a perfect fit, but it works good enough to cover the pistol and does not come out, with the gun, on the draw.

Of the 3 I own the winner is.....the Desantis. I like the protection the holster offers, it's about as slim as the Blackhawk, stays in the pocket. The Sticky just feels too puffed out to me in the front pocket (though its probably just all in my head). Still hanging on to it, might use it yet.

I was at wallyworld and decided to try an Uncle Mikes #4 which is basically a Blackhawk #3 just slightly wider and doesn't fit the CM9 as well. Took it back but before I did, while sitting in the "reading room", I glanced through the Uncle Mike lengthy instruction manual which covers basically every holster they make. When I got to the pocket holster section I quickly zoned in on the "do not use the holster with the gun locked and loaded".

So, is that warning simply a lawyer based blanket provision to cover their ass in case of an accident or are they warning that the neoprene holster does not offer enough trigger protection to guard against an accidental discharge (like I was feeling) such as walking along and accidently bumping your thigh on the corner of a table and striking the trigger? Or both. Probably both.

Either way my personal choice will be the Desantis at this time. But I'm not closing the door to new options.
    Last edited by Lazareth; 06-30-2017 at 12:11 AM.

"Desantis Nemesis"

Do you folks with a Nemesis have any tips/tricks to keep the holster in the pocket when drawing? Mine keeps coming out (CM9 - cargo pants mostly)? I also have a Blackhawk that works fine, I probably should just get rid of the Nemesis.
    Thanks.

I have the opposite problem. The gun draws very easily, but the holster turns my pockets inside out when I try to remove the holstered gun.

Try this - insert the gun fully into the holster, put the holstered gun in your back pocket, and sit on it for a while. The holster will conform to the shape of the gun and make drawing easier.

Worked for me...

Quote Originally Posted by jonholl View Post
    "Desantis Nemesis"

Do you folks with a Nemesis have any tips/tricks to keep the holster in the pocket when drawing? Mine keeps coming out (CM9 - cargo pants mostly)? I also have a Blackhawk that works fine, I probably should just get rid of the Nemesis.
    Thanks.
    I found that the Blackhawk new starts out sticking to the pocket well but it didn't take long before it lost that grip and started coming out of the pocket with the pistol more times than not.

With the Desantis you have to get the holster to "hook" onto the top rear edge of the pocket as it tries to come out with the pistol. It's a technique that requires me to pull more in a rearward diagonal direction, not straight up out of the pocket. It requires a bit of practice and I'm not 100% with it. Try adjusting your draw direction and see if it helps.

The Sticky holster stays in the pocket very well with the draw but I'm still on the fence about it possibly feeling too bulky in my pocket, still experimenting.

I have had good service from a Winthrop, rough side out, with a "hooK" to keep it in the pocket.
    http://www.winthropholsters.com/kahr...er-black-0287/
    NRA Benefactor

That's a good looking holster kenemoore and the price is reasonable. For me though I'm still a little cautious about leather holsters and rusting. Do you store the gun in that holster or use it just when carrying?