CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience with a few of my pocket holsters and the CM9.

Yes.
    I pocket carry the PM9 everyday, all day. When I take my pants off at night, I leave the pistol in the pocket. Next day, transfer to new pants. The only time it's not in the holster is if I'm shooting it or cleaning it.

My PM9 is an old style muzzle, and the black DLC coating.
    NRA Benefactor

Ah so no rusting issues there, cool. I'd like to get a PM9 sometime.

Lazareth is right about small details amid chaos; the insight I would offer is my strong belief in dry fire / dry draw reps, no matter your prefered style of carry. dry drawing five minutes a day will go a long way to turn details into habits. when I have the chance to draw live fire (up north range) from pocket carry, my pocket holster has always stayed in the pocket. I made two mods to my fuzzy Blackhawk with carpet thread to prevent the muzzle from going past the edge welt and tightened the opening behind the trigger guard.
    when I draw from the pocket, the downward stroke of the "social finger" on the holster, at the back of the trigger guard, is a natural (habitual) part of my draw. P.S. don't work for speed, work for a smooth draw.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

Quote Originally Posted by jonholl View Post
    "Desantis Nemesis"

Do you folks with a Nemesis have any tips/tricks to keep the holster in the pocket when drawing? Mine keeps coming out (CM9 - cargo pants mostly)? I also have a Blackhawk that works fine, I probably should just get rid of the Nemesis.
    Thanks.
    When drawing, press the bottom edge of the holster, which covers the trigger guard, against the rear edge of the pocket. If the holster still holds the gun too tightly, try spraying the inside of the holster with silicone spray lubricant. This worked for me.

I wish someone would try out the Blueforce Gear pocket holsters with a p380. I have one for a bodyguard and it's very thin. They don't make one for the p380 so you'd have to try one for a different pistol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I wish they had one of those Blueforce Holsters for the CM9 lee1000, I'd try one. They don't seem to have much of a selection.

"When drawing, press the bottom edge of the holster, which covers the trigger guard, against the rear edge of the pocket. If the holster still holds the gun too tightly, try spraying the inside of the holster with silicone spray lubricant. This worked for me"

Got the CM9 sitting in the holster for a week or so to see if that works, If not I'll try the spray. I want the pistol to come out of my pocket, by itself, no matter what. Wish I could find a local "leather guy" to make me a pouch/loose type pocket holster. I've had one for my Seecamp .32 for 30 years, made out of scrap pieces, that's worked fine. Also one for a Walther PPK that also worked fine. Guy that did them passed on quite a few years ago.

Put your thumb on the top left edge of the holster when drawing. It comes out clean very time. Been using a Desantis for 6+ years. I never have these issues.

I liked the comfort of the Blackhawk but wanted something made with a tougher material. I acquired a Barsony Nylon pocket holster that claimed to "fit" a Kahr CM9. Well....yeah you can fit it in there but the holster wasn't a perfect fit. The stiching needed to be tightened up and it was too long. I tried to contact them to make sure they sent the right one but no response.

Oh well, the nylon itself is fantastic and easy to work with and it was close enough of a fit that I was able to get it altered and now it fits perfectly and I must say I do like it very much. Comfortable yet strong nylon with a soft edge that doesn't print much and stays in the pocket well. Right now it's my main holster.

I also picked up one of those cheap UTG pocket holsters yesterday. Same general style of the Blackhawk and Uncle Mike but it has that extra "pocket" around the bottom half of the holster which I won't be using but I did like how it seemed to reinforce the trigger area with that extra material and it was only 6 bucks. I've not tested it yet but it seems well made. If it doesn't wind up feeling too bulky it might be ok too.

I nearly ordered a Kydex from a particular seller on Ebay but before I could arrange the payment they were sold out. They looked good too, I'll snatch one up next time he has some made for sale.
    Last edited by Lazareth; 08-07-2017 at 10:45 PM.

A favorite pocket holster for my PM9 is the same Belt-slide holster that Kahr sells at http://www.kahr.com/P380-Holsters/Ka...CCPP036BLK.asp. This holster is widely-sold and, while it is marketed to wear at the belt line, with the clip removed, it makes a good pocket holster. It is open at the bottom, so the barrel falls to the bottom of the pocket. This allows it to work on shallower pockets like those found in some jeans. On a PM9, it is a loose, but stable, fit and, while the trigger guard is covered, it affords a good grip when drawing. With the loose fit and the extra width at the top it will stay in the pocket when the gun is drawn. Holding the holster in place with fingers when inserting into or withdrawing from the pocket together with the gun works well. The rounded corners make its outline like a wallet and it does not print very much. For a holster designed for another purpose, it works really well for pocket carry.
    Another design to consider is the Recluse Holster, http://www.recluseholster.com/index....0351109631cc11. I recommend the Two Sided (TS) model, which seems safer to me. This is a very well-made, though more expensive, holster.
    Before I had one of these, I found a plan for making a pocket holster of a roughly similar design from a single piece of rawhide. I took it to a shoe repair shop and the owner made me one, which I still have and use for a Kel-Tec P3AT. The owner turned out to be an officer a local gun club who invited me to join and I am still a member 20 years later. He was quite a shooter and later went on to work for Wilson Combat.