Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heading north

Default Heading north

Saturday, I'll be heading to a town called Warrens. There's going to be an outdoor all day shoot. A friend of mine has a friend who lives in the middle of cranberry country. He's got some acreage, and has a rifle and pistol range set up. It's not too far from my property up nort. Should be a hoot...................grilling venison, chicken, turkey, and shooting firearms. Everyone brings their firearms of choice, and you can take turns shooting different firearms. Some fun to be had............................................... .......................

That sounds like a lot of fun. Have a great time, and a safe one!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Well, I went to the shoot.................Beautiful weather, 72 degrees with a breeze and no bugs. I was a bystander and not a participant. The guy that owned the property had a really nice setup for shooting. A natural berm sits at the back of his property, which made it nice for a 50 yard target board. On one side of the property, he has a 10 ft. wide cut/tunnel in to the forest, and uses that for 100 yds. I did get to shoot my M&P and Kahr at the pistol range he had set up. Also shot a guy's Vaquero .357, a Glock 20, a Sig 1911 and a Highpoint .45. Complete with metal plates, rubber duckies, mustard packets......etc. There were about 50 guys there, and all brought their .22 cal. rifles. That's why I didn't participate, don't own one,....yet. They throw cash in the bucket, and take turns shooting at their own target, trying to hit the bulls eye, which is about the size of a nickel. 5 shots at one target per round. You can use any rest that is on a table. Sandbag, tripod, etc. Every kind of .22 rifle imaginable. My friend shoots a CZ455 with a very nice scope. He took the first round. I didn't stay for the whole thing, but a friend of my friend took the next 2 rounds. I guess he was just warming up. Venison sandwiches, quail, and regular food. Then at about 5 o'clock, they drag out the fryers, and make a fish fry. That's about when the beer and bulls#!t starts. I was a good time, and all though I really don't need a .22 rifle, it brought back memories of shooting with my father, who had many trophies for long distance rifle shooting, most being at 300 yds. He taught me about breathing techniques, and long distance shooting. I didn't stay for the exploding television..........................Never know, next year rolls around, I may just own a .22..............................................

Nice outing. Yeah, I don't shoot my 10/22 much... just at the range and not often, but it has a nice scope, linear compensator, and even the stock LASER... just in case I have the need to do some subsistence hunting or sniping. I really need to get to a range and sight the compensating, target turreted scope in... only shot it at 15 yards. It has the stock synthetic stock... Walmart's SS carbine.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

My CZ 452 is a favorite of my wife and women and kids love 22's. I'm partial to them myself, own many.

Unlike my Winchester 52C which weighs a ton the CZ is pretty light and handy and accurate too.

I suggest you get a 22 of some flavor. Everyone should have one.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wow, I'm a wee bit jealous. I wish we had something like that around these parts.
    NRA Benefactor

I have two .22's. One is a box stock 10/22 with a wood stock, the other is a Savage MkII bolt gun. Both have good scopes, but obviously the bolt gun shoots tighter groups. The Savage, with match ammo, is a MOA gun. The Ruger 10/22, no matter what ammo I shoot in it, seems to pretty much be a 1.5 MOA gun.

Hubby has a nylon 22 that he bought when he was 14…….What a gun…accurate and fun to shoot!! Can't beat that!

He had a lot of fun shooting rats at the dump when he was a kid. Nothing like a moving target!

I got 2 rats so far with my CZ. Wife don't like rats, I was mowing the grass, she come out with the rifle and I shot from the riding mower. 2 shots, 2 kills........Convicts got nothing on me sweetheart.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by ct9kahrtoter View Post
    I have two .22's. One is a box stock 10/22 with a wood stock, the other is a Savage MkII bolt gun. Both have good scopes, but obviously the bolt gun shoots tighter groups. The Savage, with match ammo, is a MOA gun. The Ruger 10/22, no matter what ammo I shoot in it, seems to pretty much be a 1.5 MOA gun.
    A few guys up there were using older Savage bolt actions..............................pretty accurate.