Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost at the half-way point

Personally, I don't have an issue carrying anything. I feel safe and confident with all.........strikers, revolvers, da/sa, and even cocked and locked 1911's. The proper holster takes away the angst from all. Tucked or untucked. I prefer DA/SA firearms myself, not so much from a safety aspect, but from an operation/comfort aspect. It's what I'm used to, and have shot the most. I started with wheelies and DA/SA, had lots of stuff in between, and am finishing with DA/SA and wheelies. The circle of firearm life...........and even though I prefer the DA/SA, I can't overlook my Kahr, which has faithfully been with me for 8+ years now, is all metal, got no hammer, got no stinking safety, you pull the trigger, it shoots. I'll never sell that one. I understand though............there are so many firearms I'd like to own/shoot, that even if I had the money, there would never be enough time to shoot the one's I'd be interested in shooting. So many guns, so little time.

as far as the selling cycle, i have guns i simply cant part with and they havent seen the range in years.. sentimental that way i guess.... but i have eliminated calibers however, although i own most caliber guns and have experimented across the spectrum I feel 9mm for end times suits me the best and to me no one fills that roll better than Glock, its a mag thing mostly, super universal for end time warfare 😁😁 but seriously if you go down that train of thought I could arm my whole family without confusion of what mag to use in what gun and in what caliber... on long arm side of things i prefer and have AK's for the very same reason... mags and ammo forever

speaking of caliber i bought a xds45 when they came out, great gun but it just doesnt do it for me like a glock does... i need to start dumping some of my other than 9mm handguns.... time to clear out a little for functionality
    RIP Muggsy

I too have many guns that haven't been shot in years, some never shot but wouldn't part with them for anything.
    I also follow your caliber plan, I'm eliminating 40. I have one K40 that I will most likely part with soon. It was my very first Kahr and a good one.
    Just too much flip for me now days. I'll stick with 45 as long as I can shoot it, I am preparing and have a K9 I've had for a couple years I guess. Finally shot it a month ago on vacation and it shot well so if I have to lay down the 45 it will be ready.

The thing I love most about Glocks is I don't get attached to them like I do most others. I've owned a dozen or more. Don't own any now. Sold most to officers that needed one for whatever reason. I probably will own another some day if I happen to have loot and run across a deal.
    They work, I can shoot them ok, just like a hammer, well hammer's not a good analogy since I was a carpenter and do love hammers.
    Maybe a crescent wrench. It's a tool, use it, if it gets dinged don't cry, if you lose it or have to sell it, just get another, the next one will be exactly like the last one.

Perfect cop gun.

Don't mean to sound like I'm putting down Glocks, they have strong points and many are devout die hard fans of all things glock.
    Had an office here years ago that wanted to collect one of every caliber and size. What a boring collection, have to look at the stamp to see which one is which.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I was thinking recently about how one can currently buy an M&P full, compact, or Shield extremely cheap these days - whether with a rebate, or used. I thought, hey I can buy cheap and it'll be an investment one day. WRONG. Like Glocks, the M&Ps are never going to be worth more than you paid for them. Ever. Like Bawanna said, they'll be almost exactly the same gun in twenty years, there will be millions of them around, and not a single one of them will be special. But M&Ps and Glocks are excellent guns so why not stock up if you can?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

In attempting to "downsize" the number of calibers recently, I gave away to my sons my Kahr PM9, Ruger SR9, S&W Model 29, and Ruger Super Blackhawk for Christmas, along with several hundred rounds of ammo for each. About a month ago I found 10 boxes of 9mm WWB in the bottom of an ammo crate in the hall closet, so that got me backsliding enough to order the new CW9 (the free magazine promo was a bonus) last week.

As if that isn't enough, Ruger has been tempting me again with their new Lipsey's Single Seven Birdshead 7-shot .327 federal Magnum. Not only is it a handsome little thing, but not too outrageously priced (dealer on the Ruger Forum is selling them for $529 shipped to forum members). Like I need to start up another caliber, and one I've never had before.

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

It definitely is a handsome little thing regardless. Makes my britches stick out in front.
    I personally would pass on the 327 and get a 45 myself. Actually I already did but my son ended up with it. Got my Uberti which is about the same and lighter. Feels like a Colt.

I think you and me was born a 100 years too late Armybrat. I can almost visualize you and me holding up stagecoaches and trains.
    Or maybe wearing stinking badges and chasing guys holding up stagecoaches and trains??????? I'm at a y in the road far as my day dream.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Not me, I'd be sitting in the Long branch Saloon drinkin' Matt's whiskey and flirting with Miss Kitty while he's off chasing bad guys.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

That works for me too. Hope you got a place for me to set, wait I already got a seat......keep forgetting that.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan