Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: CrossBreed MicroClip IWB

Default CrossBreed MicroClip IWB

Has anyone here tried this holster for their 380? I was skeptical about using anything but a basic clip-on for a micro 380, but I bought a similar hybrid for my Pico that Beretta sells directly, and found that it does a great job of dispersing the carrying weight, especially when wearing gym pants or summer short sans belt. If my CW380 continues to function without a hitch (knock wood), I'll be looking for some carry options shortly.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/microclip.html

I wear drawstring shorts... sport shorts around the house and short convenience trips. I use an Uncle Mikes' type soft holster but the clip doesn't grip well.

I have a bunch of holsters for the P380, including a MiniTuck and an OTB one, the MiniSlide.

I got some Ulti Clips and put one on the MicroClip for my beltless shorts. It seems to work pretty well.

https://youtu.be/SJ9GGwaBnmc

I still mostly go with the cheapie, but I almost let the rig get away from me in the grocery store a few days ago. I was trying to put a DVD from Red Box into the only rear pocket... under the pistol... and by the time I figured the DVD would only fit in a front pocket, the cheap holster was about to fall free. Thankfully, I got it and put it back in place... did upset me a little, but no one seemed to notice.

A real gun belt and a good hybrid holster... CrossBreed MiniTuck... are my preferred carries... usually P40.

Wynn

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/shop/holsters/accessories/ulticlip-3.html
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I have a real problem in the hot part of the summer. 5'11" and 165 lbs with clothes on. Do you think these mini-tucks would work for skinny people? I have a shelf full of holsters an they all make visible, questionable bulges with shorts and a t-shirt. The baggy shirts seen in gun magazines for someone skinny is kind of obvious and makes me look like a shoplifter.

Get a pocket holster........................................... ...............

I'm medium-sized, but I wear Large tees and polos untucked for concealment. I buy a lot from Duluth with the extra length.

I carry at about 4:30 IWB with a MiniTuck and can draw one-handed easily... scraping up my shirt tail and drawing with my strong hand.

The only time I ever "pocket carry" is when I will have to disrobe at the doctors' offices. I wear my soft Uncle Mike's holster IWB and simply put it in my pocket.

I was at my urologist's office a few months ago and wasn't expecting a prostate check, so when I had to drop my drawers, I felt kind of embarrassed that there was my P40 in the MiniTuck at my ankles and the mag carrier with my spare sitting on top of the left side. The doctor said nothing, though.

I usually wear my P380 in the soft IWB holster and put that in my pocket. I really felt kind of like the kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I've only had that prostrate check thing a couple times but I made no special provisions. I of course have special needs as standing isn't an option, I kind of hold myself up with my hands. I took the CBob off and laid it on a chair, left the PM45 on the ankle as the doc and nurse down trowed for me.
    Only comment from Doc was "you don't mess around do you". Nurse wanted to know if there were anymore surprises. I told her in the truck!
    She was kind of cute too.

Doctor just bought a M&P Shield, the transfer paperwork came across my desk, told him he's aces in my book now.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post

I was at my urologist's office a few months ago and wasn't expecting a prostate check, so when I had to drop my drawers, I felt kind of embarrassed that there was my P40 in the MiniTuck at my ankles and the mag carrier with my spare sitting on top of the left side. The doctor said nothing, though.

I usually wear my P380 in the soft IWB holster and put that in my pocket. I really felt kind of like the kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Well Wyn, maybe the doc didn't want to annoy an armed man..... or else he was too entranced by your hind quarters.

NTTIAWWT
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I've seen him a time or two since then... professionally... not socially... and he hasn't said a word.

I think that I'm past due for an annual inspection at my GI doctor. I'll wear the P380 because I KNOW that he and some good looking helper will require me to drop trow... or shorts, in my case.

Thomas Jefferson said

and