Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: CM9 range report

Default CM9 range report

I have taken my CM9 to the range twice since purchase(and since I did the trigger job, thanks especially to Ed M for his advice).

Before shooting, I followed the break in recommendations. Cleaned out the striker tube, racked the slide about 600 times(and I did so with a liberal application of Flitz to the rails and the polymer guide 'rails' on the frame). I wet-sanded the feed ramp with 600-7000 grit sandpaper. I also stored it with the slide locked back between racking sessions.

First range session I ran 120 rounds of Winchester White Box through it. One malfunction, which was a failure to feed. The slide returned to battery every time. I cleaned the pistol between sessions, and at the second session I had no malfunctions at all.

It appears this will be a reliable CCW handgun. It's not fun to shoot at all, but it's accurate and darned easy to carry.

If I have one complaint about the polymer Kahrs, after shooting my K9 a bit, is that the grip could stand to be just a wee bit thicker. Well, it's not so much that it's thin, it's that there is no palm swell. My K9 fits my hand much better, especially with the wood grips.

Still, I'm satisfied with my purchase, and this will not be my last Kahr. I'm on the hunt for an MK9, and of course the elusive T9....

My MK9 is superb.

Glad to hear things are working out for you.

Something you might want to try is to get a Hogue slip on grip and put it on OVER your Talon grip. The Talon helps keep the Hogue from slipping around, and you can put a piece of foam inside the Hogue to give you some palm swell.

MK, eh? Oh, THAT one will spoil you!

Good to hear that your CM9 is a shooter. I followed pretty much the same prep as you and haven't had a hiccup with mine in about 500 rounds.