Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Mrgunsngear 50AE Youtube posts

Default Mrgunsngear 50AE Youtube posts

50AE on body armor
    https://youtu.be/joQOrnIwP_g

50AE DE review (might be a Mk VII?)
    https://youtu.be/Jdm4BBcdi1o

pretty funny how the brass keeps hitting him right in the middle of the forehead, faulty extractor?

That is a Mk XIX unless the barrel has been changed. The Mk VII .50's didn't have the the barrel stamped with caliber, as it was still on the slide. Of course there could always be transition models I suppose, but I have not seen one or known someone with one.

As far as brass hitting him in the head, I have experienced three separate things, sometimes together, that cause this.
    1. Extreme limp wristing which causes the gun to twist to the side and the muzzle to rise high enough to where the ejection trajectory is in line with your face. Seen it on camera. This can happen with a normally functioning Desert Eagle.

2. Extractor claw poor engagement. This can be two part.
    A. Some extractor claws don't seem to have any "negative rake" to them meaning they grab flat, not hook the case rim.
    B. If the extractor spring/nub is weak, the claw doesn't stay engaged well and just like he said in this video, it doesn't drag the case all the way through the extraction cycle.

3. Weak/Poor slide travel. Kind of two part. If the slide is really dirty, or there is too much piston/cylinder clearance, the slide will not move far enough back, or back with enough speed/force to work properly. In extreme cases (like the severely out of spec barrel I just got from Magnum Research) this is very common. I have had brass even roll off my hand under these conditions.

In this video he was shooting Freedom Munitions .50AE which claims to be 1350FPS Average Velocity. It functions perfectly in my .50AE 6" and 10". I don't have a chronograph, so I don't know the actual velocity, but it is really comfortable to shoot. It feels as light almost as low as the American Quality bulk ammo, which is the closest to the Samson ammo I have shot.

I watched the review video as well and it is kind of sad to me if he experiences these issues with all the Desert Eagles he has shot. As you can see from the video, he is big and not limp wristing at all. He is experiencing issues of gun that need some work or tuning... or maybe he has one with too much gas piston to gas cylinder clearance?

I should really do some video to show just how extreme this problem is with my modern out of spec barrels vs my IMI barrels. Is crazy just how "limp" you can shot this thing now. Whenever I hear about limp wristing now, I can't help but think about why I never understood what this meant. My stepson weighs less than 150 pounds and can shoot my .50AE one handed without any failures, ever. With the muzzle brake installed, anyone who can shoot a .40 caliber handgun comfortably can shoot the .50AE comfortably, in my experience.

So... limp wristing, it might not be your fault.

MrBlackCat
    Last edited by MrBlackCat; 10-09-2017 at 06:35 PM.