Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shotgunner thread - what all do y'all shoot?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Shotgunner thread - what all do y'all shoot?

I had a great day shooting trap and 5stand on Sunday. 4 rounds of trap all in the 20s and 2 rounds of 5stand 17/25 each. I'm still pretty new to the 5stand and this course is really hard so I'm very happy with those 17s.

I know this is a handgun forum but I was wondering if there are any other shotgunners out there. What and where do you shoot?

I've tried quite a few shotguns but landed on this one a year or so ago. I'm finally getting the hang of it: Beretta Silver Pigeon I Sporting. 30 inch barrels. Briley extended chokes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O

I used to be an avid shotgunner and loved 5 stand. Your right it's tough. First time I shot it I think I got 4 and my buddy got 3 and everybody in the club house wanted to know how we did it.
    Before we were done, couple 3 years later, we were getting 18 to 20 pretty consistently. My buddy got 24 once, my best I think was 23. Miss it.

I still have my trusty Valmet over / under, haven't even held it in years.

They closed down our range that we frequented nearly every weekend, sometimes both days. No place convenient now.

If there was I'd be back into that pretty durn quick. Great fun.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Due to too many hobbies, my Citori has resided in my safe for the last 25 years.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Funny this thread pops up, just getting back into shotgun shooting after 8 years or so. I have a Browning Cynergy 12 gauge and a Browning Sweet sixteen which belonged to my dad. I reload for both. Our club, Vandenberg Rod & Gun, has two trap and skeet fields. We shoot five stand and sporting clays once a month. If anyone is in the area and would like to stop by, shoot me a email!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Funny this thread pops up, just getting back into shotgun shooting after 8 years or so. I have a Browning Cynergy 12 gauge and a Browning Sweet sixteen which belonged to my dad. I reload for both. Our club, Vandenberg Rod & Gun, has two trap and skeet fields. We shoot five stand and sporting clays once a month. If anyone is in the area and would like to stop by, shoot me a email!
    ^^^ That's cool. Glad you are back into it. I belong to a club with a whole slew of trap fields. On Sundays they get together to play "games". Everyone puts in a couple of bucks and lines up behind the trap house. The first guy or gal shoots and the next three get to shoot his misses or chips. If someone gets your miss or chip you get a strike. Two strikes and you are out. Last man gets the pot. It's good fun. I've seen as many as 40 shooters lined up.

More often though I go to a public range that also has 5 stand and skeet.
    ​O|||||||O

I too love shotguns. If you have never hunter flushing ground birds like guail,grouse, or pheasants behind a couple well trained, pointing bird dogs then your life is not complete.

This is a hand gun forum?
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I thought it was about firearms. et al
    NRA Benefactor

I shoot more birds than I do clays to be honest. Just a trusty old Rem 700. Though I do have a few other shotguns in the safe that come out now and then. I always make sure I use an older Stevens side by side at least once a year on a hunt. Funny thing about that Stevens is it gets heavier every year!

That's a fine scatter gun you got there. Would love to have one of those in 20 ga. and 26" but my piggy bank's not looking too good
    Attached Images Attached Images