Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shotgunner thread - what all do y'all shoot?

^^^^ KR,

Agreed. I think 20ga makes a great home defense gun. Mrs. b4 can shoot it much better than a 12. Nice Mossy.
    ​O|||||||O

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Just picked up an inexpensive Tristar 16 gauge hunter ex for $500.00 at our dealer.

6 pounds and shoots about 60/40. Comes with 5 chokes, really nice little gun.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

^^^ I've seen a couple of those Tristars at the range. Good field gun IMHO. They pointed well, shot well... But not really robust enough for much clays shooting. You know, 200-300-400... rounds at a time. But let me know how it works for you. People are all the time asking me to recommend a reasonably priced O/U. I'd appreciate your feedback/experiences.
    ​O|||||||O

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKROCKER View Post
    That's a fine scatter gun you got there. Would love to have one of those in 20 ga. and 26" but my piggy bank's not looking too good
    I shot a round of 5 stand with an SKB/Weatherby 20ga O/U a few months ago. It was down in Fla and it was hot and sunny. Shot a good-for-me round in only a t-shirt. 18/25 including report and true pairs. I gotta admit that's one sweet, soft shooter. No purple shoulder.
    ​O|||||||O

My only these days shotguns are two worked ov er a bit/refinished Rem 870's with Vang Comp barrels and a short as be legal form cyl bore Coach gun. All are 12ga offense/defense weapons. Shoot them enough to stay satisfied current and sometimes when I'm just in a mood to really down range create a considerable mess.
    NRA Benefactor

I almost wore out a Browning Lightning Sporting Clays shotgun. Shot sporting clays for about 12 years . Now just a casual shotgunner. I sold the sporting clays gun to finance a 1958 Browning Superposed 12 ga. 28 in. Improved and Modified barrels in excellent condition complete with the original hard case also in like new condition. Second shotgun is a Winchester 101 in 12 ga. The finish is mostly gone but the gun is tight as a drum. Very underrated shotgun. Lastly I own a Remington Versa Max tactical, which I use shooting 3 gun . Very reliable shotgun. Almost forgot an old 70s Remington 1100 in 26" plain barrel no rib. An oldie but goodie.
    Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,

^^^ Sig P210 in your signature? That’s a thread topic right there. I’ve always wanted to shoot one of those.

Good batch of shotguns you tell about too. I shot a W101 not long ago. It was a rough example but still shot well. Brownings just don’t fit me well. It’s a shame. They can be beautiful. I’m OK with Berettas tho.
    ​O|||||||O

I have a Valmet O/U that I like real well. Shot a ton of what we called Duck tower which I think is the same as what others call 5 stand. Lots of trap for several years. Range closed and kind of drifted.
    Father in Law promised me his Win 101 for many years. I offered to buy it numerous times and he said he'd give it to me when it was time.

I finally asked him very late in his life and he'd sold it to somebody that wanted it bad. I told him that was me.

He and some of his friend bought 7 of them all at the same time, I forget how much but it was dirt cheap by todays standards. It was absolutely mint like most everything else he owned. Wish I could have got it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

Nothing spectacular - Remington 870 Police Magnum
    Surefire fore end
    Magpul sling (not in picture)

Pretty basic but for some 20+ years, its done everything I've asked of it and not failed.

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    ^^^ Sig P210 in your signature? That’s a thread topic right there. I’ve always wanted to shoot one of those.

Good batch of shotguns you tell about too. I shot a W101 not long ago. It was a rough example but still shot well. Brownings just don’t fit me well. It’s a shame. They can be beautiful. I’m OK with Berettas tho.
    Thanks. I'm just the opposite I've tried Berettas but they just don't fit me. Every Browning I've tried feels right. The Win. 101 also is a good fit for me. I'm sorry to say that I sold the P210-6 . I realized I just couldn't see those small sights. Now if I could snag one of the target models with better sights....
    Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,