CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shotgunner thread - what all do y'all shoot?

Next to mine, that's about the saddest piggy bank I ever laid eyes on. Mind is just a mass of glue, duct tape, and ford wire. Looks more like modern art than a piggy bank anymore. Been busted too many times.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I don't know if this counts but when I was stationed in Montana I used to hunt Grouse with a borrowed shot gun.

The prisoner and I shoot hand launched clays in a gravel pit these days…….It's fun and good hand eye coordination practice.

^^^ them hand flingers work great. I haven't done that in awhile...
    ​O|||||||O

I used to shoot shotguns, Remington 1100's. I have a Nice pair in a "B" grade Trap (30in full) and a "B" grade Skeet (26in fixed skeet). Sure do love those old guns and I have too many thousands of rounds thru them to count.
    I'm just too gimped to do it anymore, but I have shotguns and 5K in shells for the zombie a-pack-o-lips... or the democratic take over... whatever comes first.

Wait?!?! Those are both kind of the same thing...Right?
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Mossberg 500 bought from K-Mart @ $149 when they stopped selling guns and dumped inventory.
    18" barrel with a pistol grip (tosses the plastic stock - LOL).
    It's my slug gun.
    Always wanted a double barreled coach gun, but never scratched that itch.
    There's just something about a sawed off shotgun that appeals to me too.
    So when Mossberg released the new PGO 14" barreled Shockwave 590 - I just had to have it.
    XS Big Dot front sight, GG&G mount/Inforce WML Gen 2 Tactical Light and Mesa Tactical side saddle.
    Loaded with Federal Tactical 00 Buck with Flite Control - it's my Doorbell from Hell

I have a couple Mossberg 500's, held one of them Shockwaves last week, didn't bring it home but I liked it.

I got a Stoeger side by side coach gun, nickel plated and had a black painted stock????? After discovering the stock was actually painted wood, I took off all the black paint and stained it properly. It had a pistol grip style stock, I filed that all off and made it English. I like the looks much better.

The pistol grip might have been slightly more efficient. It's definitely a learning curve getting accustomed to 2 separate triggers.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Forty some years ago. I had a nickel plated twice barreled double shoot gun with a painted black stock and gold plated hammers.. I had just got on the Highway Patrol.. A car came through the radar at about 90. He really took off when I came after him.

I radioed in the license number and promptly got out of radio range.. After going through two small towns in excess of 100 mph they ran out of gas. Four of them came out of the car like a flock of quail. I had that double barrel out right quick.

They froze when they saw that. I put them face down in the muddy borrow pit and tried to figure out what to do next.

As it happened a part time Deputy in one of the towns we went through jumped in his pickup and came out to see what was going on. He stepped out of his pickup with a tommygun with a 50 round drum. We had them surrounded then.

We handcuffed them and put them in the back of his pickup and headed for town. When I got back in radio range I found out that dispatch had been frantically trying to inform me they were 4 escaped prisoners from a Missouri prison and had killed a guard and stolen the the car. They had backup racing towards me, but I was 45 minutes from the nearest one other than the Deputy who didn't even have a radio.

That double barreled shotgun was one thing those old boy understood.. They didn't even twitch lying in at that muddy ditch. They rode the 50 miles back to town and jail in the back of that pickup. I didn't want them muddy boogers in my nice new patrol car.

I traded that gun off when the Patrol issued Remington 870s a year later.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    Forty some years ago. I had a nickel plated twice barreled double shoot gun with a painted black stock and gold plated hammers.. I had just got on the Highway Patrol.. A car came through the radar at about 90. He really took off when I came after him.

I radioed in the license number and promptly got out of radio range.. After going through two small towns in excess of 100 mph they ran out of gas. Four of them came out of the car like a flock of quail. I had that double barrel out right quick.

They froze when they saw that. I put them face down in the muddy borrow pit and tried to figure out what to do next.

As it happened a part time Deputy in one of the towns we went through jumped in his pickup and came out to see what was going on. He stepped out of his pickup with a tommygun with a 50 round drum. We had them surrounded then.

We handcuffed them and put them in the back of his pickup and headed for town. When I got back in radio range I found out that dispatch had been frantically trying to inform me they were 4 escaped prisoners from a Missouri prison and had killed a guard and stolen the the car. They had backup racing towards me, but I was 45 minutes from the nearest one other than the Deputy who didn't even have a radio.

That double barreled shotgun was one thing those old boy understood.. They didn't even twitch lying in at that muddy ditch. They rode the 50 miles back to town and jail in the back of that pickup. I didn't want them muddy boogers in my nice new patrol car.

I traded that gun off when the Patrol issued Remington 870s a year later.
    ^^^ you sure spin a good yarn there Iggy. Thanks.
    ​O|||||||O

I have a number of 12 ga. shotguns, the one I love the most is a Beretta. When I went looking for home defense, I studied the ballistics for weeks. I ended up with a Mossberg 500 20 guage Flex 18" barrel. I have the pistol grip, and the tactical grip I added a forearm grip, later and it really helps with control. I enjoy training with the 20 gauge, Very mild recoil for a shotgun, you can shoot a lot of ammo through it in every session. It maneuvers great. I alos added a tactical light and mounted the switch on the Fore arm grip, very easy on and off access.
    I also purchased a hunting stock and a "Slug" barrel. I am really happy in my decision to go with the 20 gauge.
    Last edited by King Rat; 07-27-2017 at 04:12 AM.