CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new

Thread: New member

Default New member

Hi, I am a new Kahr owner, CW-9. Tallahassee, Fl. Went to the range yesterday, put 220 rounds through a new gun. Lots of fun, with a few hiccups. Gun doesn't like S&B 115 gr FMJ. Bullet profile wouldn't feed first round, but would fire from further down in magazine. Other than that, FUN!
    Robert

Welcome! Were you feeding the first round from slide lock or were you "slingshoting"?

Welcome pelican - lots of good knowledge about Kahrs to be found in these forums.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKROCKER View Post
    Welcome! Were you feeding the first round from slide lock or were you "slingshoting"?
    Good Q. Especially with new Kahr- more reliable to release the slide lock to get that first solidly in. Takes technique and practice to reliably rack the slide with a full mag, even after its broken in.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I would also suggest checking the spring orientation in the magazine, and shooting a bit stouter ammo for break in....................

Hey Robert,

Would you do me a huge favor and measure your CW9's trigger reach -- trigger to backstrap?

Thanks,
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by pelican View Post
    Hi, I am a new Kahr owner, CW-9. Tallahassee, Fl. Went to the range yesterday, put 220 rounds through a new gun. Lots of fun, with a few hiccups. Gun doesn't like S&B 115 gr FMJ. Bullet profile wouldn't feed first round, but would fire from further down in magazine. Other than that, FUN!
    Robert

Howdy from Austin, Texas!