Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do yall miss me yet?

Don't let that 22 scope hit you in the eye, it looks pretty close.

WOW, that 22 is a beauty!! It's even better that it is accurate!

I have a Winchester model 74 that has a very similar action. Mine is at least 60 years old. Looks like yours was coppied from the original.

The scopes really not close. Sure looks like it would be. One kid we found was cross dominant and he actually had room to get his left eye over the stock enough to sight it. It was cool, he'd never shot a gun before in his life. The first trigger he pulled was my K9. This before I heard he'd never shot anything.
    He was probably 14 or 15 I'd guess too.
    I got out the Smith 41 22 after that so he could have fun without the bark. He was pretty jazzed.
    Known him over there for years and he never says much, but now suddenly we're pals................
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I got out the Smith 41 22 after that so he could have fun without the bark. He was pretty jazzed.
    Known him over there for years and he never says much, but now suddenly we're pals................
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

bawanna the pusher.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The scopes really not close. Sure looks like it would be. One kid we found was cross dominant and he actually had room to get his left eye over the stock enough to sight it. It was cool, he'd never shot a gun before in his life. The first trigger he pulled was my K9. This before I heard he'd never shot anything.
    He was probably 14 or 15 I'd guess too.
    Getting a chance to introduce a person to firearms/shooting is a ton of fun…..can't beat it!
    As we all know, safety comes first and must be stressed. It was sooooooo much better to have you make the introduction rather than one of his inexperienced
    (possibly) buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post

That is true for well over 90% of people and I'm sure that's the best was to go...BUT the first gun I got a chance to shoot was a .30-06 when I was 15 and I loved it.
    However, I was very motivated, I begged my Dad for years to let me shoot it!

I love your humor….spot on, and Bawanna is definitely a pusher. I'm sure there are a few more here.

First rifle I shot was a 30-30 Winchester. My dad's instructions were Don't Drop It!

First pistol I shot was some flavor of a single action 44 mag. I was hunting with my dad, grandpa and friends. I was still too young to carry a rifle but tagged along.

We stopped mid day and the fella decided to shoot the 44 some. Several shot it and one fella held out and wouldn't shoot it, kicked too much he said.
    I begged to shoot it just once and after some begging my dad allowed it to happen.
    They stood me with my back up against a tree! Cocked it for me and let me have at it. I ended up shooting the cylinder, can't remember but I think it was 6 shots.

Well the hold out fella now figured is a little punk kid no bigger than a large grasshopper could shoot it and live, he could too.

Apparently he didn't pay attention to the part about locking his arm straight and first shot the hammer came back just above his eyebrows just about center and ripped him open to about middle of the top of his head.
    At that point in my tender years that was the most blood I seen out of a breathing human being I ever did see.

Needless to say there was a quick dash (a long trip for him) to the hospital and a pile of stitches.

I don't recollect but I imagine me and my dad were a little puffed up after that. Rights of manhood I reckon.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan