Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: My # 8 and possibly new favorite 1911

Default My # 8 and possibly new favorite 1911

Even though I live on the po side of the tracks, once in awhile the planets align and things work out and bawanna gets a brand new gun. Now I love old guns, weird guns, strange guns a LOT! If it goes bang I want one.

That being said now and then a shiny brand new one is a wonderful thing.

Here she be and let me be the first to say Magnum Research did it right.

I'm still new at directly loading pictures here so I'm not sure what order they will appear.

Things I love- They did away with the Billboard on the side that said Desert Eagle. It's smaller, classier and stylish.
    I love front strap checkering that's not too course, this one is perfect.
    The trigger is also perfect, don't have my gauge at home but my finger says 4# and a bit. Not too heavy, not too light.
    The grips, forget the manufacture but very popular grip you, you don't have to grip it.
    And I do love me some stainless steel.

Lets see if the pictures happen. Curse you photobucket after all these years.

Picture bawanna, one extremely happy camper and please join me in singing Happy New Gun to ME!
    OK, I'll just hum, I can't sing for beans, fortunate to be near deaf as a stump.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Congrats Bawanna! No. 8 looks to be a fine addition the family.
    I definitely like the front strap treatment and the grips go with the overall look quite well. I also agree that the new markings are an improvement.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I was surprised it came with those grips out of the box. It's very well done. Looking forward to shooting it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thats a beauty. Looks like it's all stainless?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

NICE! I got a feeling it won't be wearing those grips very long.

She really is a stainless steel beauty Bawanna, and I like the look of the front strap checkering. If I am not mistaken, I would say those are VZ operator or operator II grips. I have a set on my 1911G and they sure do keep things in place. In fact, I sometimes refer to them as cheese graters. If you're shooting more than a couple hundred rounds down rang in a session you'll know what I mean.

Yup, I'm sure your right, they are VZ, near positive. I haven't taken them off to see if they are marked inside.

I'm sure they will grate a bit but certainly rock solid to hold onto.

I'm not sure I can do anything better looking. I do like thin on a 1911 and I do love stag which often times negates the stag as it's difficult to get thin stag.
    I finally put some fake thin stag on my CBob, I like them a lot but they are still fake, I try to live with it.

I ordered a Silent Thunder from Garrett for it today, I have a commander size but it's rolled over at the muzzle so full size won't go. I'm sure I could heat and open it up but it's so nice I don't want to mess it up.

Now I can IWB or OWB everything depending on the day.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

You must have not spent all your vacation money because of the rain, so you treated yourself to make up for it. Nice purchase!

Sure is a nice piece Bawanna! You deserve a new one once in awhile. Great choice.
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

That is a great looking pistol. Congrats!
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...