Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights

Thread: Any experience with the 1911 Undercover Desert Eagle?

Default Any experience with the 1911 Undercover Desert Eagle?

It's the 3 inch barrel version with the alloy frame. Whats your impression?

All I know is I have the 1911G and 1911C. If its half as good I want one too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    All I know is I have the 1911G and 1911C. If its half as good I want one too.
    Good to know. I'm sure your guns reflect the quality of Desert Eagle 1911's. If I get the Undercover model I'll be sure to post a review.

I have two 1911's right now - a Para Ordnance and a Taurus - and I'm pleased with both. For this third 1911 I want something a bit more upscale from my current guns and smaller, too.

I have 3 Paras. Nothing wrong with those. I went small officers size for awhile but have gone back to commander size for carry and full size sometimes. My 1911G is probably my most accurate 1911. Makes me look good even on a bad day.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I have 3 Paras. Nothing wrong with those. I went small officers size for awhile but have gone back to commander size for carry and full size sometimes. My 1911G is probably my most accurate 1911. Makes me look good even on a bad day.
    Among full size pistols, 1911's are among the easiest to carry, but I've noticed I'm not inclined to carry mine. I thought a smaller size and weight version might help. The 1911 format is appealing to me because it seems the safest to carry "cocked and locked." I bought a .45 Shield recently, but I still think a small 1911 might be the optimum in safety. It's funny, because I used to be among the millions of people who thought "cocked and locked" sounded unsafe. Then I actually bought a 1911 and learned otherwise.