Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop

Thread: CW380 Guide Rod--AGAIN!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[QUOTE=topgun1953;389204]
    Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Here is the Federal that I used when I went back after working out the problems from the last range session. Remember the Freedom Munition runs great in the Kahr. I bought these when i ran out after only bringing one box of ammo to retest the gun. Over priced at the LGS but they ran great I will have to see if Walmart carries the Federal at a reasonable price. If the are around$10.00 a box, will be great instead of the rip off LGS price of $20.00.

If you find .380 for $10 a box let us know. I got some PMC from Freedom Munitions for $9.00 per....I still think it was a mistake..but I got my 1000 rnds. I wonder how many LGS/ranges scare off people form the sport with their overpriced ammo when renting a gun.
    Thank you Top gun. I am going up to Walmart tomorrow and check it out. The good news is I have about 500 rounds of Freedom munitions which yes, it loves it. PMC is good ammo, If ordering from Freedom munitions I have found out a few times that if you include ammo other than their own ammo, it can add delays in shipping.
    On the Federal over priced LGS.It is not unusual to see people shooting multiply boxes of their over priced ammo. Obviously these folks do no not shoot often.

I have been measuring the lengths of different cartridges and have come to the conclusion that the Kahr does not like a round over a certain length. The Freedom is one of the shortest I have seen so far, and the best ammo I have shot out of the gun. I will post some numbers later. But it might be a wise thing for owners to invest in a case gauge and a set of calipers. I have a gauge in 9mm and ordered one for 380. from amazon. They have them for $20.00.
    Last edited by King Rat; 08-02-2017 at 11:16 PM.