After my previous ordeal with the guide rod sticking was solved by a bit of dremel work to the frame "pocket" for that part, I had an awesome range trip during which my pistol happily digested a few different defensive rounds, and seemed to particularly like Hornady CD. I was so happy that I immediately (i.e. without disassembling or cleaning) brought it to my LGS for night sights.

I picked it up today...the slide with its new sights were off the pistol in the box (as returned by the gunsmith who did the work). Wouldn't you know it, but neither I nor the LGS owner could put the damn thing back together. It was hanging up well before the point where the slide lock could be inserted. After a number of attempts, I tried to see the guide rod into that frame pocket and...sure enough...the guide rod wouldn't fit! And I don't mean it was just snug...it wouldn't go regardless of how much force I used.

Obviously, putting those rounds downrange were enough to warp/shift/otherwise close that aperture. I took it home and used my dremel again so it would seat properly, but I AM NOT a happy camper about this issue.

Man, I want to love Kahrs so badly, but I think about my long ownership of Glocks/Sigs/etc that don't require this level of TLC or repairs and wonder....