Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CW380 Guide Rod--AGAIN!!

Oof...well, I was talking about the pistols I'd already named. And no fair showing the Pico with that godawful magazine extension! Everyone I know either either files it down or keeps it in their range bag as an extra magazine for long shooting session.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the looks of the Pico, while...unusual...have really grown on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Probably not.....

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the looks of the Pico, while...unusual...have really grown on me."

Very true, of the three pictured the Beretta is best to my eye, even with the super ugly mag extension.
    I wouldn't buy one but it looks the best to me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

When it comes down to a defense gun, I couldn't care less how ugly it is as long as it works and is easy to shoot. I'm not that old, but I feel it when I consider how IMHO handguns stopped looking sexy the day they started making the frames out of plastic.

Not me buddy. If it don't look cool (remembering that what looks cool to me might not look cool to you) I ain't carrying it.

Times and models change, that don't mean you have to change with them. Join me in being a hold out for steel and wood and the way things should be.

That said I do own and carry a PM45 as a second. It looks cool enough to pass muster and the light weight is a plus.
    I did have a rifle that had one of them Tupperware stocks but I got rid of that, ain't natural ya know?

John Moses was the king of cool looking in my humble opinion.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Regardless, last night I cleaned the gun well, I did file down the extractor, but just a tad. I especailly cleaned the striker channel well with Gun Scrubber Spray. I also spent time to align the two recoil springs where and inserted them just like the instruction. I made sure the spring flang on the larger spring faced the top and the inner spring at the bottom.
    Off to the range. I brought just one box of the same ammo Freedom munitions reloaded brand. Bingo, The Kahr ran through the ammo better than any time I have shot the gun. NOT on failure. Smooth! After the 50 rounds I was wishing I had brought more ammo. I had a few Fiocchi with me. FORGET IT, THAT AMMO IS TOO LARGE! So I went up to the counter and bought a box of 50 range ammo. Federal RN in a white box. (Rip off for the price of ($20.00), Man the Kahr had a feast ate them like candy. The only minor issue I had was the last 10 rds. When I inserted racked the first round, the reciever would stick out the back my about 1/8 of a inch. I knew the gun was getting dirty. I believe the gun will wear in some more and that small issue will be non-existent.

Lol, Liked the Picture of the High Point. I really do think the comparison was a little off, the pico is a pretty sleek gun. Appreciate more when it is in the hand for sure. Reminds me of the Boberg. Hey, I like the BoBerg. Remember the ugly Little Race Horse "Seabiscuit"! the little sucker kicked ass on anyone who got in his way. The Big Bad Beautiful General had no chance. Seabiscuit had HEART! So does the Pico! Most of the shooters of the Pico seem to prefer shooting the gun without the extended mag. I kept mine and did not file it down. I believe they designed it for quick draw in some carry positions. Remember the Piso is thin and the mag grip is thin also, so it will actually fit in great concealed area's and have a way to guickly pull the pistol out.

Stopped at Walmart today and did my usual check of the ammo case. There it was.....a whole row of boxes.........$9.97 per box.......

Yup - Perfecta 380. The only ammo my CW380s won't digest. I almost never see it on the shelves here at any of the Walmarts.

OK Mr. Pico - let's dance. Bought 4 boxes, went home and grabbed my range bag and the Pico. No kidding - it likes it! Not a miscue in 100 rounds of that ammo. The bullseye was gone on my target at 5 yards.

Learned a few things today. Perfecta is BY FAR the cleanest shooting ammo I've ever tried. After 100 rounds, the Pico doesn't even look like I shot it.

Perfecta is a bit hotter than most other target ammo in 380. Felt like self defense ammo. I went back to Walmart and bought several more boxes of Pico food.

A guy and his wife came over at the range to see what I was shooting. The wife saw the Pico, and said "Isn't it Cute???!!!" I said no. The husband said "That's funny looking." I said yes it is. I don't care how it looks - it works - really well! I still think it's ugly, and I'm not gonna get all butt hurt if anyone thinks so too. I liked it enough to buy a $50+ Vedder kydex pocket holster for it. It fits the Pico great, and the Pico is now in my carry rotation.

Pico de gallo - literal Spanish translation is "beak of rooster". Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Stopped at Walmart today and did my usual check of the ammo case. There it was.....a whole row of boxes.........$9.97 per box.......

Yup - Perfecta 380. The only ammo my CW380s won't digest. I almost never see it on the shelves here at any of the Walmarts.

OK Mr. Pico - let's dance. Bought 4 boxes, went home and grabbed my range bag and the Pico. No kidding - it likes it! Not a miscue in 100 rounds of that ammo. The bullseye was gone on my target at 5 yards.

Learned a few things today. Perfecta is BY FAR the cleanest shooting ammo I've ever tried. After 100 rounds, the Pico doesn't even look like I shot it.

Perfecta is a bit hotter than most other target ammo in 380. Felt like self defense ammo. I went back to Walmart and bought several more boxes of Pico food.

A guy and his wife came over at the range to see what I was shooting. The wife saw the Pico, and said "Isn't it Cute???!!!" I said no. The husband said "That's funny looking." I said yes it is. I don't care how it looks - it works - really well! I still think it's ugly, and I'm not gonna get all butt hurt if anyone thinks so too. I liked it enough to buy a $50+ Vedder kydex pocket holster for it. It fits the Pico great, and the Pico is now in my carry rotation.

Pico de gallo - literal Spanish translation is "beak of rooster". Hmmmm.
    That was great Ed. Glad to here the Pico loved the Perfecta. I have not shot it in 380. yet, but it became one of my preferred for 9mm. I order a 1000 rds at a time. Love it in all my semi's and my LCR9mm.

=-
    Last edited by King Rat; 08-02-2017 at 04:12 AM.

I think it's cute too.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Here is the Federal that I used when I went back after working out the problems from the last range session. Remember the Freedom Munition runs great in the Kahr. I bought these when i ran out after only bringing one box of ammo to retest the gun. Over priced at the LGS but they ran great I will have to see if Walmart carries the Federal at a reasonable price. If the are around$10.00 a box, will be great instead of the rip off LGS price of $20.00.

Here is a example of the real cost of under $10.00 And he wants to know why I do not buy my guns from him.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fede...5-p-59035.aspx

The local Walmart I was at didn't have it in 380, but they had Federal Champion brass case 9mm for $9.97 per box of 50. New packaging compared to the Champion I've used before.

They also had 100 round boxes for $18.97 per box. I grabbed a few boxes of CCI standard velocity 22 for my Phoenix Arms HP-22 @ $3.47 per box.

The ammo case was really full yesterday, and there was a waiting line both times I was there. No ammo shortage now!