CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
    What year did they stop using the metal follower?
    I've no idea....I'm don't even know when they started using them. I've not seen anything definitive about them at all.
    I've looked at the Kahr website using the Wayback Machine and it goes back to 1997. I couldn't find any photos of magazines until 1999 and those show the plastic follower with steel insert. I did see some review articles from the 1997 pages that appear to show the plastic follower, but the photos are really small.
    My guess: either the metal follower was used in the first couple of years of Kahr production or they were a batch run done concurrent with the plastic follower (why would be anyone's guess). On a side note, I've only seen them in MK/PM/CM/Covert size flush fitting magazines.
    Hopefully someone else knows the time line and can enlighten us.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

You'll like it. I love mine!

My MK came with the metal follower.............LTD serial number, I believe between 2000 and 2001 Manuf. date.

Picked it up today. 6 round mag has metal follower, 7 round mag has plastic. I haven't shot it yet, but my first impressions are the bead blasting is a little courser than most guns. The trigger is Kahr nice, but not as nice or light as another MK9 I checked out at a LGS. I can fix that . It has a GA serial number. I'm going to need to talk to Bawanna A little more about grips after some testing, I'm not really a fan of the plastic Hogue grips. Overall I think it'll be a great gun after some tinkering (I like to tinker )
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medication to the dead." Thomas Paine