Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted A CM9 Bought a CW9. Thoughts?

Default Wanted A CM9 Bought a CW9. Thoughts?

I received an e-mail from Bud's saying that the CM9 was on sale for $259.00. I've always wanted to try a Kahr and the economy CM9 looked like a deal. Unfortunately, the CM9 is not available in my liberal state of Calif.

I instead went for the CW9 which is legal in Calif. It's slightly larger and is slightly heavier than the CM9 but it holds one more round and is still considered a compact pistol.

What's your thoughts on the CW9 over the CM9 other than it being slightly larger?

I think you'll like it. Congrats on your Kahr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neither one is considered a front pocket pistol. So the only difference is in how it presents itself in belt-carry.
    The CW9 offers you a slightly longer grip and slightly longer barrel. Better grip means better accuracy and better accuracy runs right alongside a longer barrel.

Good choice of yours!

Quote Originally Posted by joemsj51 View Post
    Neither one is considered a front pocket pistol.
    I strongly disagree with this, and I'm very sure I'm not alone in that opinion. My CM9 hides easily in the front pocket of most pants and shorts I wear - including Wrangler jeans, and it does so almost every day.

Including right now - there's a CM9 in there....

Attached Images Attached Images

I would prefer the CW9 for the extra round and better grip (for my hands).
    But I would put the available steel base plate on the magazine for a more "flush" fit than that big plastic one that comes with it.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    I strongly disagree with this, and I'm very sure I'm not alone in that opinion. My CM9 hides easily in the front pocket of most pants and shorts I wear - including Wrangler jeans, and it does so almost every day
    I also think the CM9 can be a front pocket gun. In fact I think that is where it really shines. To me, if I am going to hang a gun on the belt I would certainly go with one a little larger than the CM9. CM9 is great for ankle, pocket carry as well as it can be carried on the waist (in other words very versatile). For a gun that is not going to be on the ankle or in the pocket, the CW9 is very nice. When compared to another popular concealed carry gun, the M&P Shield, the CW9 is a little smaller in every dimension and weight, yet it holds the same amount of rounds and has a 1/2 inch longer barrel. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    I would prefer the CW9 for the extra round and better grip (for my hands).
    But I would put the available steel base plate on the magazine for a more "flush" fit than that big plastic one that comes with it.
    I agree that in the pictures I've seen of the CW9, the base plate is kind of ugly. Where do you get the steel flush base plates?

Quote Originally Posted by Gebe View Post
    I agree that in the pictures I've seen of the CW9, the base plate is kind of ugly. Where do you get the steel flush base plates?
    http://www.kahr.com/magazines/2/magazines.aspx

http://www.kahr.com/magazines/3/magazines.aspx
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Gebe View Post
    What's your thoughts on the CW9 over the CM9 other than it being slightly larger?
    ^^^^ as noted, the CW9 is probably a little large for pocket carry while many find a CM9 about perfect (and some don't). But a CW9 really rocks IWB or OWB plus you get that extra round. Otherwise they function the same IMO.
    ​O|||||||O

Very happy with my CW9, it's the perfect size and weight. It's a very accurate pistol and once broken in, extremely reliable. I highly recommend it. The length and width are perfect for different carry options.