CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K9 going back to Kahr - the rust bucket

I have military grade weaponized sweat. In large quantities. All my stainless carry guns get a little rust now and then. Under the grips of revolvers, in the slide serrations on autos.

I actually found rust rust inside the barrel of a K9 once. (Carried appendix).

But, I have to carry them against my sweaty body to get rust. Perhaps your gun was not passivated properly.

Remoil may may not be the best. It's really a dry lube when the carrier evaporates.

CorrosionX is good stuff, but stinks. Boeshield is awesome, but a little waxy.

If it's helpful, here is a video where Iraqveteran8888 talks about gun lubes and rust protectants...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...3D26&FORM=VIRE
    ​O|||||||O

Thank you for the video link. Gun is back. Looks factory new. I'll switch up my oil for sure.

Was your gun getting rusty on the inside too?

Yes it was, the frame under the grips had a lot of rust, too.

Well, the rust is coming back. I uncased it today and discovered 11 rusty pit marks on the grip frame. So I'll call on Monday and hear what they have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeAvery71 View Post
    Well, the rust is coming back. I uncased it today and discovered 11 rusty pit marks on the grip frame. So I'll call on Monday and hear what they have to say.
    Wow. I have never heard of such a case of rust. Hope it gets resolved for you.