Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Xssights

Thread: I have a few questions about my K9

Default I have a few questions about my K9

New guy here. I bought a used black K9 years ago at my LGS and put it in the safe till I retired and joined a gun club.
    I found I like shooting it more than my other pistols. I have a few questions about it.
    The blow mold case has 8/95 on it and the print copy has 95.
    The Serial number is AEO6XX what year was it made? It's fit and finish is very smooth and the frame is very tight to the slide.
    The recoil spring is very strong on my pistol. A little ofthe black has worn away to show a shinny stainless look metal.
    The pistol is matt black but the metal is smooth not bead blasted or anything. How can I tell if it is black stainless?
    Thanks

From this chart it looks like your build date predates May 1996. So 8/95 sounds right, http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...9-on-GlockTalk

I'm not sure about whether or not the black slides were stainless back then. My P40DLC is stamped Stainless on the slide. Is stainless marked anywhere...or maybe SS?
    ​O|||||||O

It most likely has a carbon steel slide if from that date. Your K9 likely has a stronger recoil spring as the early models came with a 2# heavier spring. Early K9s are solid and reliable. Enjoy.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.