Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

Thread: I know this is in the wrong area but,

Default I know this is in the wrong area but,

I have been working with my PM9 in a Remora no clip holster for the last few days. I have found it to be very comfortable, easy to position, has not bothered me in the heat, is easy to carry in any position, and has yet failed to stay put when I draw my firearm. So far, so good. Anybody with any long term experience?
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I don't know if this is "long term" experience, but my wife purchased a Remora holster about 3 months ago for her SP101. She never wears a belt and doesn't carry OWB, so she had few choices. I pointed out the Sticky and Remora holsters to her, and she went with the Remora. She says, so far, it has worked perfectly for her. She carries at 1,2, or 6 positions, and has never had the holster move while drawing. She also received with the order free of charge, a mag holder and a pair of shooting glasses. I say you can't beat it. I am sure that they don't last forever, but so far, it shows no wear, and the "stickiness" is still like new.

I have quite a few of both the Remora and the sticky holsters. I personally hate anything inside the waist band. Drives me crazy and I am on the medium build side. I do use the remora mico clip in summer with loose shorts. I rarely use either any longer. I do prefer the Sticky over the Remora, The Remora's are just too puffy. I personally would hate a SP101 inside my waste. Way too big for myself. I carry my 9mm's in a side belt, mainly the Mitch Rosen which rides solid and very close to the body. As a man, I obviously do not have the same wardrobe for what ever most ladies choose, but not always wear my shirts out, not tucked in. I see no need to stuff it inside my pants. JMO

I too used to hate IWB and could never get comfy carrying with that method. I've had a couple Garrett Silent Thunders for my Kahrs and my 1911 for years, seldom wore them. I played some with them, adjusting cant etc and have grown accustomed to them now. In the summer with just an untucked shirt they work very well and I've gotten used to the whole IWB thing.
    I still much prefer my Mernickle OWB rigs, just a perfect OWB holster. He makes an IWB holster that I intend to try one of these days.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I bought/use Remoras for both my PM9 and CW9, no problems.

I bought them early on, and now Remora offers many variations of the original design...all good I'm sure.
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

The wifey says that most/some women carry a bit more baggage then a man in the hip/waist area. The way women's pants are designed, they hug the hips, which is why they can wear pants without a belt. She said that not having the pressure of a belt makes it so much more comfortable when "tucking something in to your pants/waistline". I can understand the concept. I never liked IWB carry myself. I have a leather tuckable that works well for my Kahr, but you have to move it to appendix area when sitting. This bothers some. I mainly use pocket or OWB myself. The fact that she found something that works, with out breaking the bank makes me happy. I did slide the rig in to my pants without a belt, and it was actually comfy, again, without a belt. The belt is what makes the difference in comfort with those types of holsters IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    The wifey says that most/some women carry a bit more baggage then a man in the hip/waist area. The way women's pants are designed, they hug the hips, which is why they can wear pants without a belt. She said that not having the pressure of a belt makes it so much more comfortable when "tucking something in to your pants/waistline". I can understand the concept. I never liked IWB carry myself. I have a leather tuckable that works well for my Kahr, but you have to move it to appendix area when sitting. This bothers some. I mainly use pocket or OWB myself. The fact that she found something that works, with out breaking the bank makes me happy. I did slide the rig in to my pants without a belt, and it was actually comfy, again, without a belt. The belt is what makes the difference in comfort with those types of holsters IMHO.
    That's why I wear suspenders.......you can even undo the top button on your jeans if you need to. (but not with a gun in there)

That makes 2 of us with the suspenders. So comfortable for me. Let's me front pocket carry. I have a set of Perry's to wear with a belt, in case I carry something "heavy". With a belt, I use kydex for OWB, the holster is light.