Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun

Thread: New K4048 Elite Need Holster

Default New K4048 Elite Need Holster

Haven't had a Kahr for a while, and I've always wanted this one. The $ I've spent on the pistol now leaves me on a budget for a carry holster. Does the K9 have the same basic dimensions (for holster fit) as the K40? I don't mind IWB or OWB, and I'm looking for a good basic holster. I like leather, but also like the "click" insertion into a Kydex or hybrid design. Anybody here with experience and/or suggestions for a reasonable (under $60) that would fit my K40?

Thanks.

Lotsa options...

Winthrop OWB slides are my EDC. My experience with leather holsters is that p9, k9, p40 and k40 are all interchangeable. I've used the same Dean IWB for four different Kahr pistols...nines and forties. But that's just for your size reference. It was a bit expensive compared to your price range. I've been meaning to try a n82 (nate squared) IWB hybrid.

Nice pistol!

http://www.winthropholsters.com/
    https://n82tactical.com/
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Lotsa options...

Winthrop OWB slides are my EDC. My experience with leather holsters is that p9, k9, p40 and k40 are all interchangeable. I've used the same Dean IWB for four different Kahr pistols...nines and forties. But that's just for your size reference. It was a bit expensive compared to your price range. I've been meaning to try a n82 (nate squared) IWB hybrid.

Nice pistol!

http://www.winthropholsters.com/
    https://n82tactical.com/
    Thanks. I'm trying to find size references like you posted here...do you mean that my K40 will fit holsters made for "KP's and PC's?
    Not too long ago I had a CW40 and CW45 which were nice guns, but for some goofy reason I sold them so I could buy something else. I've done that too many times, and now I save up for a gun I really like, and search for the best price to buy it.

In these hot, humid Alabama summers I'll consider both IWB and OWB as long as they're fairly comfortable and keep most of the sweat off of the guns. Maybe I should check out the N82 tactical site to see if they have anything that will work for me. I'll go back to the Winthrop holsters website again to check out their holsters that will fit my K40. Thanks again.

Thumbs up

^^^ sorry. I didn't mean for that to come out so complicated. What I meant to say is that leather holsters can be forgiving. That should give you options. Any leather holster designed for a mid-size 9mm or 40sw Kahr should be able to break in and fit your pistol... YMMV. Those models are: CW9, P9, K9, CW40, P40 and K40. Of course the best holster is the one designed for your exact pistol. But you may find a bargain at a gun show or on the used market, etc. that might not be a perfect match. I bought my Dean IWB right here on the website and it's the most comfortable IWB I've ever worn. It was designed for a K9 and I currently carry a PM9 and a P40 in it (one at a time of course). It was about half the price of new. Win, win.

P.S. Yeah. The Winthrop website is a little tough to navigate. I know they have holsters that fit your K40. I own one and it's my main carry OWB. Maybe you can call them?
    ​O|||||||O

You mention that you like the "click" of kydex........................I have purchased 2 kydex holsters from Cook's, for 2 different firearms. Both have excellent fit, adjustable cant, and adjustable tension. I especially like the ease of use. One belt clip, easy on, easy off without removing your belt. I also like the fact that you can slide it between belt loops for getting in the car, and other movements that usually make a non moveable holster uncomfortable. Under $60, and a 2 week wait. I have my tension set so the firearm does not fall out when tipped upside down, but the firearm comes out with ease. You can actually drop the firearm in to the holster, and it clicks in nicely. (Kids don't try it at home). These were made for oversize mag release and XS sights. Perfect fit.
    Attached Images Attached Images