Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to me PM9 w/black diamond coating......... Few questions for PM9 owners.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooSan View Post
    Ok so I picked up a used 'blunt nosed' PM9 from a guy today. Serial # VB13xx. It came in the plastic box with both mags. It has obviously been extremely well cared for. The black coating has no wear at all on it nor does the frame. In fact the the barrel is the only thing that shows wear. It has a little shiny area on the top and bottom but I know the seller said he got it from the original owner who didnt shoot it much. There is no peening on the barrel, no cracks dings or dents anywhere. Internals are clean. Rails and everything are intact. It also has night sights.

The gent I got it from I know takes really excellent care of his firearms. He put 150 rounds down range without a hiccup and even offered to let me shoot it. No issues at all. I also got a kydex pocket holster and a Mitch Rosen Express IWB holster in the deal.

So I am familiar with Glock, HK, Sig, XDs, M&P's etc etc. I do have a few questions on the PM9.....

First...how well does the black coating hold up with normal use? Also I believe this would be considered the 'older' slide so if I order replacement parts off Kahr's website like for a spare recoil assembly & spring or parts kit do I get the one thats marked "old?"

Overall its a great little pistol and I love the Mitch Rosen holster and how compact and light it is. Love my PM9.

Can sort of make out the barrel wear here:

I like that Mitch Rosen Holster do you know what model it is? I picked up an old PM9 as well with the blunt nose

I do like the all black one you have it's very nice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Yes - #52818 is what you need for a type 1 or type 2.

You were very fortunate to find that PM9.

One of our members has over 30,000 rounds out of his so far, and it's still going strong.

Enjoy!
    Awesome thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DXT_Shooter View Post
    I like that Mitch Rosen Holster do you know what model it is? I picked up an old PM9 as well with the blunt nose

I do like the all black one you have it's very nice .

Its the Mitch Rosen Express Clipper from Kahr's site. It came in with PM9

So my RSA looks like the Type 1 after all. Any reason to use a Type 2 or just leave it? I didnt know if there was any reason to move to the Type 2 or if that is even a good idea.

I called Kahr today to find out info on my PM9. It was made in 2004 and does in fact use the Type 1 RSA. I did order a metal magazine release (part# 017PM9) to replace my plastic one.I also ordered a spare complete Type 1 RSA to have since its complete with the springs. Hopefully it comes with the 13 coil spring. Since I dont know if I have the original spring I figured just change it and have a spare RSA.

I'm not certain if they will interchange. You might be able to look and see if yours will accommodate the larger 1/2" end.

Also for future reference it's a good idea to position the open end of the spring on the front so it's pointing up towards the barrel when you install.
    This helps prevent it from sometime poking out the front under the barrel. I've never had the issue but some have.

As the barrel tilts it leave a gap that the spring will sometimes try to use as an escape route.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm not certain if they will interchange. You might be able to look and see if yours will accommodate the larger 1/2" end.

Also for future reference it's a good idea to position the open end of the spring on the front so it's pointing up towards the barrel when you install.
    This helps prevent it from sometime poking out the front under the barrel. I've never had the issue but some have.

As the barrel tilts it leave a gap that the spring will sometimes try to use as an escape route.
    According to the person I spoke with at Kahr they advised to stick with the Type 1 RSA on mine.

I thought the open end of the spring went towards the muzzle end?

It does go towards the muzzle. Just put the very end of the spring so it's up towards the barrel.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    It does go towards the muzzle. Just put the very end of the spring so it's up towards the barrel.
    Ah I see thanks!

That is a damn fine looking pistol you picked up there OP! Very nice.