Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to me PM9 w/black diamond coating......... Few questions for PM9 owners.

Quote Originally Posted by ct9kahrtoter View Post
    That is a damn fine looking pistol you picked up there OP! Very nice.
    Thank you much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since my PM9 had the plastic magazine release I did just get in the steel mag release and replaced it.

Definitely a worthy and inexpensive upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooSan View Post
    Since my PM9 had the plastic magazine release I did just get in the steel mag release and replaced it.

Definitely a worthy and inexpensive upgrade.
    I see on the Kahr parts list that the magazine catch (and the slide stop for that matter) are priced the same and look the same for the CM9 and the PM9, although the part numbers are slightly different. Is the magazine catch listed for the PM9 at that site the steel one?

And while I'm at it, I assume the slide stop for PM9 is the machined one. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by 68Firebird View Post
    I see on the Kahr parts list that the magazine catch (and the slide stop for that matter) are priced the same and look the same for the CM9 and the PM9, although the part numbers are slightly different. Is the magazine catch listed for the PM9 at that site the steel one?

And while I'm at it, I assume the slide stop for PM9 is the machined one. Correct?
    The part I ordered was 017PM9. I called Kahr just to be safe and make sure I was getting the right part.

I got it in yesterday and put it in. Big difference. First the mag release I ordered is Steel and has a more tactile feeling that the plastic.

Plus the magazines snap in place way more positive and don't wiggle around like the plastic one did. The plastic mag release always felt a little mushy but eve had an issue using it.

The other thing I did was fix up a pocket holster I got in the deal when I bought it. I can't tell who the maker is.

It is really well made kydex. Being a pocket holster it wasn't very tight. It has a good lip for your thumb to push off.

So what I did was drill a hole and added a retention screw and it really improved the retention.

I can make it super tight or extremely easy to draw. Now it has a perfect retention. Runner o-rings are on the front and back. Works like a champ.

Just wish I knew who made it.

That's looking like a pretty sweet rig.

The holster looks like a Vedder Pocket Locker - I have one for one of my pocket guns. Excellent quality holster. The thumb tab really makes for a quick and easy draw.

I especially like how it goes into my pocket without grabbing the pocket material. It isn't as easy to remove because the hook does it's job to prevent it from coming out upon drawing, but I've found that covering the hook with my fingers makes it easier.

Yeah I looked at Vedder and seems you are correct. Definitely a quality kydex holster. Fits like a glove but adding a retention screw really helped. I do like the push off for your thumb a lot.