Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: CM9 sights

Default CM9 sights

Anybody but me open up the rear notch on their CM9? Had the pistol for ~ a year (~1500 rounds down range) & found that beyond 7 yards I was having problems hitting where I was shooting (old eyes). Took a needle file to the rear sight & opened it up to see daylight on both sides of the front sight, blued the file marks. Works better, for me, now.
    I mostly practiced at 7 yards but when I tried to go out to 15 & 25 yards I was having problems ( I know the CM9 is a "belly gun" but...). I did the same thing with my Colt Gov't .45 last year (opened rear to .147).
    This is not a complaint against the CM9, just my old eyes. The pistol has been 100% reliable, & fits in my front pocket .

I haven't done it to my Kahrs but I have done it to a couple 1911's. Old eyes here too. It really does seem to help.

One thing I just kind of figured out is a black rear and something bright on the front with the wide notch. I can see that way more better.

I put a brass bead in my CBob front sight and it worked for awhile but not bright enough now. Even when I polish it up.

Not paying for Gold and not sure it would be any better really. White paint might be the best.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Have you seen/tried the front sights with the bright sticks in them? I also see there is X Dot sights, which is a very large dot on the front sight. I'm just painting the sights with Testor flouro paint in white or orange. I'd like to actually see/try the X Dot or "stick" sights before buying & installing.
    Any help is appreciated, although I don't expect any calls for Camp Perry or the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by jonholl View Post
    Have you seen/tried the front sights with the bright sticks in them? I also see there is X Dot sights, which is a very large dot on the front sight. I'm just painting the sights with Testor flouro paint in white or orange. I'd like to actually see/try the X Dot or "stick" sights before buying & installing.
    Any help is appreciated, although I don't expect any calls for Camp Perry or the Olympics.
    Is the front sight on the CM9 removable? I have the XS Big Dots on my XDs 45 and love them. If you can change out the front sight on the CM9, that would be a great addition to this gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR View Post
    Is the front sight on the CM9 removable? I have the XS Big Dots on my XDs 45 and love them. If you can change out the front sight on the CM9, that would be a great addition to this gun.
    Here is a portion of an email I received from XS in May regarding my request for Big Dots on my CM9: We no longer offer the screw on version. Its long term durability is not what we want.

I installed the Trijicon night sights from Kahr instead and am very happy with them.
    Last edited by 68Firebird; 08-18-2017 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Correct spelling