Xssights   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: +P+

Default +P+

Does anyone use +P+ in a MK9? I use Federal HST 115GR +P+ in my Glocks and would like to use it in the Kahr.
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medication to the dead." Thomas Paine

I don't think Federal HST ammo is +P+, where did you get that idea? There is no reason that your Kahr won't shoot Federal HST factory ammo.

No major bullet manufacturer that I know of makes or sells +P+ ammo. I could be wrong but it will have to be proved to me.

I was wrong, the +P+ I have are Gold Dot
    https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/277-...rain-p-hp.html
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medication to the dead." Thomas Paine

I also have some of these Federals https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/499-...i-shok-hp.html

How many gun manufactures have you found that will say their gun will handle +P+ ammo? I think they would be opening their company up for giant lawsuits from people injuring their self and blowing up their guns. Post a list of these gun manufactures names if you know of any.

No manufacturer recommends +P+ that I know of, but Glocks handle them without issue and Beretta PX4s really like them.

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

I am asking here because people here may have real world experience using +P+ in these guns, I know it's not recommended because there's no SAMI specs for +P+

I did bookmark your ammo supplier. The prices look very good.

I like that they sell 50 round LE boxes also.

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

My personal choice for self defense ammo is to never go over maximum loads. I am a reloader and when I load to book maximum on my loads they are plenty snappy for my tastes. I never load +P loads and +P+ is definitely out of the question for any of my guns. Safety is my first priority. I have never felt the need for excessive pressure ammo. Too many things can go wrong. Max loads will always get the job at hand done.