Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First range trip with CW380.........expected the worst

Default First range trip with CW380.........expected the worst

Finally got a quick trip to the range with my new CW380. I knew the odds were against me for satisfaction in the first couple of hundred rounds.....however...could not have been more pleased! Only got to shoot 50 rds of Estate and 50 rd of Federal before the rain set in. 100 rounds of flawless shooting. I did not set up a target, just drilled the embankment, but soon took aim on certain things and was on target. With this small of a firearm, it had virtually no recoil which surprised me. Did a good cleaning of the gun and mags, got very dirty only shooting 100 from it. I will experiment with different brands next time .....maybe a box of SD rounds after the next 100 or 200. Did not see any wear markings were there might be rubbing. While I had the mags apart, I did lightly sand the mag followers sharp edges and the a light sanding of the mag springs.
    All in all....... relieved, surprised and most of all .....just plain happy as a pig in........ we'll just say sunshine!!!

You make my heart sing. A good report. I'm happy as a pig in sunshine too. We could use a little of that rain if you could send some up I'd sure appreciate it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Congratulations. Federal/Estate is one of the brands that .380 Kahrs tend to like. And yes it will get dirty in short order; that's just the way these guns are. Just keep it clean and feed it it's favorite ammo and you should remain a happy camper.

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the report. Always good to hear positive results, but if you ever do encounter a problem with your Kahr pistol this is the place to ask. Several experts here (not me) can walk anybody through most any technical problem that arises.

Occasionally some members tell funny jokes too. (not me)
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by mark7mod0 View Post
    Finally got a quick trip to the range with my new CW380. I knew the odds were against me for satisfaction in the first couple of hundred rounds.....however...could not have been more pleased! ...
    ... got very dirty only shooting 100 from it.
    All in all....... relieved, surprised and most of all .....just plain happy as a pig in........ we'll just say sunshine!!!
    That's great. I know the feeling - a true pocket gun that's fun to shoot. FWIW since I started using Balistol, the guns don't seem to get as dirty and they clean more easily. Don't know why, just seems to help. Congrats.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Second range trip with the CW380 today. Had one box of Estate, bought 2 more boxes of Federal ammo.....and one box of Perfecta.....less than $10 a box I had to give it a try. It will be the last box of it I will buy. My gun hated it as most people have said about theirs. Out of 50 rds, less than 10 fed, fired and ejected without any problems. Gave it a quick clean and fired 50 rds of Estate and 90 rds of Federal with ZERO malfunctions. Not going to say I was close to being the number one attraction in a wild west show when it came to the accuracy department with this gun. Never used the single line/ 2 dot rear before....hey, have to blame it on something!!! At least I was in the target rings (8" spatter) at 10 yards. All in all, satisfied enough with the performance of the gun and my ability with it, that it is now loaded, in its holster and on my belt for my hot weather (94 here today) CCW.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by mark7mod0 View Post
    Not going to say I was close to being the number one attraction in a wild west show when it came to the accuracy department with this gun. Never used the single line/ 2 dot rear before....hey, have to blame it on something!!! At least I was in the target rings (8" spatter) at 10 yards.
    When I first got my Kahr .380 many Moons ago (excuse the pun) I had trouble hitting with it as well. It simply takes a little time and practice learning how to hold a tiny, wafer-thin 9oz. pistol steady while dealing with a 5lb. trigger pull. You might find that a set of Talon grips or a Hogue grip sleeve vastly improves your ability to hold onto the pistol and shoot it well.

Funny but careful folks. We are extremely protective of the CEO, his family and employees.

We're pretty flexible but get a bit rigid in that respect.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

10-4. Feel free to edit as necessary.