Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First range trip with CW380.........expected the worst

No editing necessary, just approaching the line.

Carry on.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by mark7mod0 View Post
    Not going to say I was close to being the number one attraction in a wild west show when it came to the accuracy department with this gun. Never used the single line/ 2 dot rear before....hey, have to blame it on something!!!
    Add a Crimson Trace laser, and you'll be Annie Oakley again.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    Add a Crimson Trace laser, and you'll be Annie Oakley again.
    I have never shot a gun with a laser. After buying my CZ P-07 my other pistols seem to have gotten jealous and will not hit the bulls eye like they use to

I have never shot a gun with a laser. After buying my CZ P-07 my other pistols seem to have gotten jealous and will not hit the bulls eye like they use to
    IMHO helps a lot on a tiny gun with short sight radius, especially for old eyes in poor light. Also for dry fire practice. You can see what's happening as you pull through.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

For practice lasers are fine, but I question their utility on a gun that's meant to be compact and pocketable. Also, a tiny pistol like a Kahr .380 is mostly a "get off me" gun anyway so a laser seems out of place. Better to put them on full-sized home defense handguns, where not only are they more practical but their intimidation value is greater.

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    For practice lasers are fine, but I question their utility on a gun that's meant to be compact and pocketable....
    Personally I wouldn't carry a pocket pistol without a laser, but we all have different ideas about that. A lot of people prefer night sights. FWIW the crimson trace grip laser doesn't noticeably change the CW380 profile in the pocket.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    Personally I wouldn't carry a pocket pistol without a laser, but we all have different ideas about that. A lot of people prefer night sights. FWIW the crimson trace grip laser doesn't noticeably change the CW380 profile in the pocket.
    With you Slowburn. I bought into the laser thing years ago and it did not last long. Ended up using it for a toy for my dog to chase. My personal opinion is train hard with good point and shoot skills. And Yes, I do believe in a set of good sights especially night sights.

Ah, the P-07. Mine is a tack driver. Now if I thought I could get a 100% cw380 I think I would go for it. But after the pleasure of my recent CZ's and clones I dont have the patience for break in or teething pains of a striker fired gun. Still Im curious though.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Now if I thought I could get a 100% cw380 I think I would go for it.
    Come to the dark side - it is your destiny.

Seriously, I was really OCD with my first CW380, and it runs 100% (except for the Perfecta thing). My second CW380 is also 100%, and all I did was clean it well, lube it, and shoot it. None of that rack the slide 500 times, and leave the slide locked back for a week kind of nonsense. No extra polishing, no anointing it with holy water or making sacrifices with live chickens either.

With the thousands of 380s that Kahr sells, I'd bet that the vast majority are trouble free from the get go. We just hear about the few that are trouble makers because people come here looking for answers/help. Some of the issues they have are due to poor shooting technique and junk ammo as well. Some benefit from the recommended 200 round break in more than others. Four boxes of range ammo isn't too much to ask, IMO.

I bought my first CW380 because I never had a lick of trouble with my PM9 over the years. I'm glad I didn't read any horror stories about the Kahr 380s or I might have been scared off and missed out on owning one.

Don't let that happen to you - they're awesome little guns!

I am not much for home mods on a firearm, but I found a video on slightly rounding the extractor bottom corner to allow feeding of ammo that the CW380 is picky about. I figured for $16 i could replace the extractor if I messed up. Well I now can feed Perfecta ammo and every other 380 ammo with no problem. Just a few swipes with a file and lightly sanded the corner and it is a completely different gun. All in all if the 380 had not been on sale for such a great price I would not have never bought another 380 ....would have gone with a CM9 if it was on sale close to the 380 price. With all the run on 380 pocket guns through out the years, 380cp ammo should not be so expensive compared to 9mm. But at least now I have more options on the ammo I can use.