Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new MK9

Default My new MK9

I wasn't really LOOKING for an MK9,but I found one on GunBroker. The auction was ending on the same day I bid. Auction was no reserve, so I bid a max of $400. Closing bid was $357. I got a like new MK9 with four magazines(one 6 round MK9 mag, and three 7 round P9 mags--which is OK because I have a P9) for $357, so I think that's a pretty good deal.

Next step is wood grips and a good polishing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Excellent deal on one of the best Kahr pistols. Basically, you got what looks like a clean an MK9 for $300 and picked up some extra mags at a good price for your P9.

Well done!
    ​O|||||||O

Congratulations Mike!

You're gonna love this one. The wood grips fill the hand nicely, and I bet you'll find it comfortable to shoot all day....

That's great! Sometimes, great things happen on Gunbroker if you are patient and just shop for auctions that might be deals. Congrats! The MKs are great pistols.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

I have four Kahrs -- a PM9, a P380, a K9 and an MK9 -- and of the four the MK9 with wood grips is by far my favorite shooter. Good luck with yours. I think you'll love it.

Congrats on an excellent deal for an excellent pistol
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Congratulations Mike!

You're gonna love this one. The wood grips fill the hand nicely, and I bet you'll find it comfortable to shoot all day....

I am torn between the smooth and checkered grips. I have the checkered on my K9, but I don't carry the K9. As I live in FL,and conceal under a t-shirt most of the time, I worry the checkering may be a bit abrasive on my skin. Do you have any experience with the smooth ones' shootability?

Quote Originally Posted by JD950 View Post
    Excellent deal on one of the best Kahr pistols. Basically, you got what looks like a clean an MK9 for $300 and picked up some extra mags at a good price for your P9.
    The pistol arrived on Friday, so I took it home, field stripped it, and gave it a thorough inspection. The bore is bright and shiny, the feedramp is polished to a mirror finish, the grip looks like new, and there wasn't even any brass rub on the breech face. No scratches were evident anywhere on the finish,either.

I think this pistol was shot very little, and never carried. Basically it looks like brand new.

SCORE!

That is a great find!