Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new MK9

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    I am torn between the smooth and checkered grips. I have the checkered on my K9, but I don't carry the K9. As I live in FL,and conceal under a t-shirt most of the time, I worry the checkering may be a bit abrasive on my skin. Do you have any experience with the smooth ones' shootability?
    Never held the smooth grips on a MK9, but I did look through Kahr's entire stock of MK9 smooth grips a while back. If I would have found a set of those that were a bit darker with a reddish tint, I'd have bought 'em. All the MK9 grips looked just about the same, color-wise. I DID find a set of K9 smooth grips that were some of the best looking grips I've ever seen though. I almost bought them even though I don't have a K9. Wish I'd have taken a picture - they were really stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    I am torn between the smooth and checkered grips. I have the checkered on my K9, but I don't carry the K9. As I live in FL,and conceal under a t-shirt most of the time, I worry the checkering may be a bit abrasive on my skin. Do you have any experience with the smooth ones' shootability?
    You can get the checkered and if they are too abrasive, just take some fine sandpaper and knock off the points. Just very little sanding, just the very tips of the points.
    This will still give you a good grip without giving you road rash on your side.
    I often times don't bring the checkering to a full point for this reason, plus it's a bit more durable if you bump up against something, your less likely to knock of the points more than you'd like.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have the checkered grips and abrasion is not a problem. They are easier to hold on to and look 100% better than plain.

Excellent find on the MK9 OP!

I am a new MK9 owner myself. Was gifted a used MK9. Added the factory wood grips and they are amazing, a huge improvement over the hard plastic stock grips. Make sure to get the longer grip screws!