Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Data breach at www.kahr.com and www.magnumresearch.com

Default Data breach at www.kahr.com and www.magnumresearch.com

Apologies if this has already been posted and my search missed it, but I received a mail notice from Saeilo, Inc at 105 Kahr Avenue, Greeley, PA that the third-party provider (Aptos) for websites www.kahr.com and www.magnumresearch.com experienced an intrusion/data breach via malware placed on the 3rd party servers and gained access to customers' card payment data.

Information revealed includes first/last name, address, email address, phone number and any credit/debit card data and expiry dates used on the aforementioned websites from about February 2016 to December 2016.

Kahr recommends users review banking and CC information and monitor via free credit reports.

Curious if anyone else received such a letter in the mail.
    MK9 Elite 98 / K40 SS / PM9 / KIMBER ULTRA CDP II
    NRA EPL / Buckeye Firearms Assn.

I received the same letter. This type of data breach seems to be commonplace nowadays.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I did receive it. As DavidR stated it's not too uncommon now days. I did however have my credit card number changed for safety's sake. My son went through an identity theft situation. It was not pleasant.

Got my letter today.
    NRA Benefactor

Yup, got mine in triplicate.
    This blows

I got it. I don't realy recall ordering anything during that time, but it's possible.

I also got one today, but like JohnR I did not order anything from Kahr during that time. The letter states that "historical" sales data may have been breeched also and that would cover me. I am safe though, as the card numbers I used back then have already been change due to some other nitwit breaching data thru another place I used that card at...

I guess the first crooks screwed over the second crooks for me.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

I get email notifications of all charges on my cards.
    One card was breached and I had it cancelled with the charges reversed in minutes.

My advice is to be proactive with this crap

I got a letter several months ago and have changed my credit card. So far I haven't been hurt by it.

I almost posted this yesterday, but I've not been active recently so thought better of it. I got the letter yesterday, but the specific card used at the webstore was fraudulently used last month for the first time ever. Check your statements folks. That was my tip off something was amiss. Card was cancelled and replaced. PITA to change the 5 autopay bills attached to the old card.
    Owner of and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com