Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P32 touch up

You have a solution for every need. Nice work.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Hey folks,
    Thank you all for your comments, they are very much appreciated
    I'd also like to doubly thank those who shared their P32 experiences as I find that an interesting read.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

It looks good. I have one that serves the same purposes as yours, bug or primary in the situations you noted.

When my wife was restoring her Mustang, all the way down to the last nut and bolt, she was doing something she called phosphating.

"What?!," I asked her. That looks like something you'd see on a gun.

I looked it up, and back in the day, Ford had indeed Parkerized some of their hardware. Of course I had to experiment on some parts from unimportant guns. It turns out that it's as easy as boiling an egg. You buy the liquid in a quart or whatever. Make a mixture with distilled water, and bring it to near boiling on the stove. Your part should be prepped appropriately... abrasive blasting is nice... and left to stew in the soup. For a nicer finish, you can take out the part and hit it with stainless steel wool, then cook it again. It's kinda fun, and not at all expensive.

Sweet another P32 fan, i have gen1 and 2, carry the gen2 25/8 with spare mag... even carry in pajamas around the house.... have over 1k rounds through the gen 2 and never had a hiccup, even handload this round....

mine is battle worn a bit as ive carried it 2 or 3 yrs now no rust whatsoever, your parker/paint job is looking great.. personally i think im growing more found of the slight wear i have, wished it were more warn 😁 Ive really just beat this thing and it just keeps on keeping on, sweat, drywall dust, lint doesnt matter... flawless

i carry fiocchi 73gr... i carry with belt clip no holster, sometimes in pocket but mostly at 4...its the only gun ive EVER owned that i can say you dont even know its there
    RIP Muggsy

I bought a P32 not long after they came out, so it's a very low number and with the old hexagon-shaped slide and a green frame. While not 100% reliable it's been close. The only major issue I had with it was the disassembly pin walking out of the frame, which I fixed by grinding the notch in the pin a little deeper. It's the smallest, lightest semi-auto handgun available and my choice of carry when I am wearing thin summer shorts that would pull down if I was carrying even my Kahr .380. I currently run Magtech 71gr JHP in it, which is long enough that rimlock isn't an issue. To be honest though I am likely to revert back to FMJ in it since I doubt any JHP load expands worth a darn out of a .32ACP.