Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr Lube Diagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
    The two springs on my guide rod (PM9) appear to be captured. Can/should/must the springs be taken off in order to lube the guide rod?
    I'd say definitely NOT. That inner spring is a pain in the back side to get back on and the retainer nut shouldn't be messed with if it's tight and not working loose. Many have had them fall off at range. The gun still runs but you need to get a new one.

At most I'd just put a drop or two of oil on it thru the spring and let it go.

Most only replace the outer spring when the time comes and just leave the inner spring as is.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

exactly what Bawanna says is the proper procedure. The outter spring on ur PM9 should slip right off..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Angry I wish I researched things better !

Met a guy out in NV desert that raved about his Kahr. All these sensitive lube points. My sig sauer p-229 doesn't require all those lube points. Its been flawless for 18 years.

Yes, but your Sig isn't nearly as compact as Kahr guns, with all of the machinery occupying minimum space.
    Very interesting...

I oiled parts 7 and 8 and this past weekend I disassembled my slide and there was a ton of oil in the firing pin chamber. I think I am now going to oil the corresponding contact points in the frame. And maybe use grease instead of oil.

How does that sound?

best keep any oil outof the striker channel. it ain't gonna rust, use that clean out hole on the bottom of the slide to clean that channel.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I have a NEW PM9 and my recoil spring has NO nuts to tighten. It would seem that the inner spring that goes through the guide post should have some oil added - yes or no?

Is it okay to skip oiling spot #7 and #8? I am new to Kahrs and this forum. I am a previous GLOCK owner but got sick of the thickness. That being said, I always stuck to the rule of never getting any oil near the firing pin. Wouldn't oiling #7 and #8 cause oil to get on the firing pin? Are oiling these parts absolutely necessary? Thanks!

I use a dab of grease on those areas (alternately, you could lube the lobes on the cocking cam where they would come into contact with spots 7 and 8). That said you could probably get by without any lube on those spots, but you increase the rate of wear on three parts critical to firing the pistol.
    Regards,
    Greg

BTW, welcome to the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Worker View Post
    Met a guy out in NV desert that raved about his Kahr. All these sensitive lube points. My sig sauer p-229 doesn't require all those lube points. Its been flawless for 18 years.
    Sig recommends the entire gun be rubbed with a oily patch, so in that respect you are correct... the Kahr has points, the Sig has just one BIG point.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.