Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr Lube Diagram

an older post - but I'm glad I found it.
    Thank you to the OP!
    Kahr PM9 & PM45 - other favorites include Taurus model 65 & Keltec P32 - Firestorm 1911

I just took apart my brand new PM9 to clean and lube it. The pickup rail surface, number 9 in the lube diagram, shows a great deal of wear, like I would expect to find on a pistol that is one or two years old. Is this normal on a Kahr pistol fresh from the factory? It was not the case on any of the Glocks I have owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1948 View Post
    I just took apart my brand new PM9 to clean and lube it. The pickup rail surface, number 9 in the lube diagram, shows a great deal of wear, like I would expect to find on a pistol that is one or two years old. Is this normal on a Kahr pistol fresh from the factory? It was not the case on any of the Glocks I have owned.
    Mike:

A brand new PM9 may have been test fired at the factory, but probably not too many rounds.
    Makes me wonder about the "brand new" part.
    That rail does rub over every round put through the gun, but shouldn't show much "wear".

I have probably 600 rounds through mine and after a cleaning it shows no "wear".

-steve

PS. Pictures would really help.
    -NRA Life Member

-It isn’t Islamophobia when they really ARE trying to kill you!

-Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property.
    Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    -Thomas Paine

Great post... Thanks.
    Pocket Pistol
    Go Gamecocks!!!

Default I think

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1948 View Post
    what ur seeing is that matted finish kahr puts on thier stainless slides and barrel. Your pickup rail is pure stainless, and all it doe sit move the brass casing forward. There really is no wear tere. Ur just seeing fromn the test firing that outter coating coing off. I just polished the hell out ofmy pickup rail and then I with a finger of some gun grease just rub that complete rail (nhterface bar). Ur gun is OK. My rail on y PM9 is 5 years old and 32K+ rounds thorugh it and there just is virtually no wear as stainless trumps brass as far as durability.

Ur ok, just shoot it like u stole it.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Is it just me or is the diagram/pic in the OP not working?

Quote Originally Posted by mspiredm3 View Post
    Is it just me or is the diagram/pic in the OP not working?
    You're right, it's not working, , but scroll down to post #7 and it's there.

I'm happy to report (as of 1/26/2012) that I have my first Kahr firearm (a CM9) and thank you too for posting this. I also checked out the other prep tips so will follow/perform all of this before heading to range.

thanks,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by mywytefeet View Post
    Is it okay to skip oiling spot #7 and #8? I am new to Kahrs and this forum. I am a previous GLOCK owner but got sick of the thickness. That being said, I always stuck to the rule of never getting any oil near the firing pin. Wouldn't oiling #7 and #8 cause oil to get on the firing pin? Are oiling these parts absolutely necessary? Thanks!
    I think that is a good question. Glock says not to introduce any lubricants into the striker channel. In the Lenny Magill video the Kahr striker is clearly lubed and Lenny says that is a good thing. I didn't see any kind of plastic channel liner in the Kahr like the Glocks have but the reason Glock says not to oil the channel is to avoid any gunk buildup (and maybe hydraulic friction) which would seem to be applicable to any striker fired gun.

I forgot #7 was even there, it should not be for oil. I put TW25 grease in all placwes it says "coat" and oil those saying oli EXCEPT #7. I do very lightly coat the front side of the striker tab sticking up as the cam works that. But then I also lightly coat the cams.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."