Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr Lube Diagram

Several years ago I couldn't find my gun grease but I had an eight ounce tube of dielectric tune up grease out in the garage so I used that. I frankly love the stuff. The only problem is it is transparent in a thin film so it's difficult to tell if you've lubed enough.

I know it doesn't dry out because that's what they use in intermittent wiper controllers and I've opened them up after thirty years and the grease, where not contaminated with thirty years of copper powder and dust, looks like it just came out of the tube. It holds up to water in my fishing reels and stays where it's put. Great stuff.

Just bought my first Kahr (I'm a S&W M&P / Glock / XD owner)...looking at all the threads to get prep ideas before I hit the range next week. Thank you for putting this thread out there...easy to find...and populated by good advice. I use CLP to clean my guns and Gun Butr to lube them. I'm not an armorer...but I see plenty of "use grease" messages on here...can I simply use my Gun Butr or is the Kahr "special"? Thank you in advance!

use what every works for u. kahrs are no different than other guns. properlyt lubed with any luvbe is gonna be better than not at all. Nothing wrong witht he two products umentiond either. They are good, enjoy ur kahr. and welcome aboard.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Use whatever works for you. I ran my CM9 wet during breakin with grease on the rails and inside the slide where the barrel hood seats. Just avoid the striker channel.

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

It appears that I can duplicate my SlideGlide/1911 routine on our new Kahrs.
    http://brianenos.com/pages/slide-glide.html

Run'em wet, shoot'em hot

I'm not new to guns but in these parts i am, im reading all this kahr info. it is great for a new kahr owner like myself, its appreciated. my pm 9 was super tight even though it was used between 200 to 300 rounds, I have done the clean, lubed with just oil and racked the slide a whole bunch of times as suggested on this forum but she still feels tight, so today I broke it down again, cleaned her again but this time I used hoppes grease with oil, much better the slide is moving easier now, it seems to me kahrs like grease... i can't wait to take this puppy out for nice a walk...
    Last edited by david8613; 05-11-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by david8613 View Post
    I'm not new to guns but in these parts i am, im reading all this kahr info. it is great for a new kahr owner like myself, its appreciated. my pm 9 was super tight even though it was used between 200 to 300 rounds, I have done the clean, lubed with just oil and racked the slide a whole bunch of times as suggested on this forum but she still feels tight, so today I broke it down again, cleaned her again but this time I used hoppes grease with oil, much better the slide is moving easier now, it seems to me kahrs like grease... i can't wait to take this puppy out for nice a walk...
    Did you use the Hoppes #9 Gun Grease or something different by them...gotta get some oil this week.

That's what I keep telling folks but the experts don't always agree. One thing to keep in mind is to ignore lube point 7. You should run the striker assembly dry.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

mIL-COMM.COM FOR tw25 GREASE IN A SYRINGE.great stuff. Won'trun and with the syringe u can lay a line of TRW25 right dewoninsid eth slide rails without making anymess.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    That's what I keep telling folks but the experts don't always agree. One thing to keep in mind is to ignore lube point 7. You should run the striker assembly dry.
    Actually, glad I saw this part...I was doing the drop of oil on point 7...I guess I missed that from the previous ton of posts...LOL
    NRA Member.."Please support, if you don't already"
    "Punish the deed, not the breed"
    "I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it."