Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Kahr Lube Diagram

DON'T spray any lube into the hole in the underside of the slide. This attracts debris from firing and can cause the striker pin to not move freely enough to fire the primer.

Pulling the striker back while spraying the NON-CHLORINATED Brake cleaner through the hole and the striker pin hole in the breech face allows some of the possible debris to be blown out the back. The striker should remain free of lubricant.

The two rear tabs on the frame at the rear rails and a little grease or oil there is nice. The polymer rails are just guides and need no lubricant. There is some "wearing in" and possible buildup there of plastic that might need careful trimming.

The front rails are embedded in the frame and should be lightly greased or lubed. I place a bead of Tetra grease in the grooves on the front of the slide to rub off onto the rails, too.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

These are all my favorite lube-spots on any pistol! Thanks for the diagram.

Default MK9 Lube Question

A search has not turned up an answer to this question.

The Kahr Lube Diagram shows to lubricate the two anterior guide rails (points #10). That's great on the PM9 shown. But the MK9 doesn't have those rails.

Should one just skip lube points #10, or is there another area on the frame that should be lubed in place of those anterior guide rails?

Maybe I'm over-thinking this. but I would rather ask a stupid question than damage my MK9.

Thanks for the help.

I use very little oil and a rust preventative spray

It looks like the diagram is no longer available in through the link. Can anyone post this for a new to be Kahr owner?

^^^ darn that photobucket!
    ​O|||||||O

Thumbs up

Here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Here ya go.
    Thank you sir!

Would Enos "slide glide " light red grease be okay on the slide rails, and the two frame rails in the lower part?

It's fine and dandy to me, I use grease on my rails. I was using TW25 but couldn't find it for awhile so using something else, can't remember.

Light grease being the magic word I guess.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."