Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop

Thread: new cm9! trigger pin walking

Default new cm9! trigger pin walking

Okay shot brand new CM9 today 200 rounds with Lakeline followers without a single issue or problem! Feeding or extracting Etc. But I did notice when I got home trigger pin had slightly moved out it was flush or under the plastic before and now was slightly coming out!!! Did not come out or stop firearm from working! Question... is it normal for it to move a little bit!... since I've read people on here complaining about their trigger almost coming out!
    Why i carry?..."CAUSE I CAN"... :0)

It's not the norm with mine. Good luck. I'm sure Kahr will make things right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the same problem with my PM9 when it was new. Kahr took it back, and the repair required a frame replacement. That requires a new serial number, so (this being California) the gun couldn't be sent directly back to me. It had to go to my FFL and the whole rigmarole of re-registering it and doing the 10-day waiting period had to be endured. That said...it was worth it. 👍

Not the norm IMO, but there have been some reports of it on the forum (though I can't remember ever reading any complaints about the trigger almost coming out).
    First, inspect the area around the pin for any cracks. If there are any it will need to go back to Kahr.
    Then look for this pin:

If it is sitting a little proud of the frame, tap the trigger axis pin back flush then drive the pin in the photo into the frame. There is supposed to be a small groove on the axis pin that the small pin should intersect with to prevent the axis pin from walking.

If the small pin looks like it is in place correctly, I think I would just tap the the trigger axis pin back flush and keep on eye on it.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

well...in my case! Not too worried about it now unless it gets worse! If it didn't come out in 200 rounds I doubt it's going to come out! in 7 rounds for self defense I was just worried if it would get worse in the long run! And as far as the pin walking out... theres plenty of Reports online about it unless people are exaggerating! ;0)

how often would the walking pin be removed? if not often, would a drop of blue lock-tite work for a easy fix?

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

I would not use blue Loctite there's Loctite for plastic I believe it's loctite 425 plastic friendly.... but I would if I had too.... from what I've read loctite 242 and 271 eat some Plastics

I've heard of a few just putting a drop of super glue, or Gorilla Glue on the pin with good success.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Loctite Blue is not glue. It's an anaerobic thread binder. That means it works in the absence of oxygen like you would get in the threads of a tightened fastener. I'd use pretty much anything except Loctite Blue.